LD Rasmus Dahlin (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
When you combine Erik Karlsson and Nicklas Lidström you get Rasmus Dahlin.

Think Lidström and Karlsson is pretty similar in style. If you want to compare with swedes, i would more say Dahlin is more like a mix of Klingberg, Hedman and Adam Larsson. He can dance around the blue line like Klingberg, he skate into the offensive zone like a force like Hedman can, and he can be as strong and mean as Larsson.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
When you combine Erik Karlsson and Nicklas Lidström you get Rasmus Dahlin.

I think it is a very good comparison just with more toughness,Maybe they where angry at each others when they cloned him.

Last edited:

cowgirlcath

Johnny Mony and Cathy
Jul 9, 2018
Calgary
Definitely going to have to get tickets to see him live at the Saddledome this year. Hope he hits the ground running to start the season, I have no doubt he will given his drive and abilities. Special player and we're lucky to have the chance to watch him for the next 15-20 years.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Hopes everything goes well. Nervous for a swede being picked first. We are usually better att sneaking up on you like, Lundy and Z. And even Bratt and William Karlsson. This being picked first makes my jantelaw indoctrinated brain scream "who does he think he is! This can never go well!". It doesen even matter that he did not have any saying in the picking order.

That braindamage aside.
What would he have to do to be a good nr pick his first season?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Imagine a world where people appreciate talents, no matter what team that they cheer for. Dahlin is going to be a good, to great Defender in the NHL for a long time... It's hard to project exactly how good at this point, but such talents should be enjoyed, not torn down because they play for another team.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
So, you would have preferred that your team drafted Bouchard/Hughes instead of Dahlin if they had #1 overall, then?
Not what I said, Id be happy with Dahlin but I personally think Bouchard is going to be something special.

Last edited:

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Not what I said, if he happy with Dahlin but I personally think Bouchard is going to be something special.

Yes, I know that’s not what you said. I was just asking a question.

The reason I asked is this -

If you’re as sure as you seem that Bouchard is going to be better than Dahlin, why would you draft Dahlin over him then?

Teams usually draft the player they think will be the best, regardless of the rankings (which we see every year in so called “off the board”picks - like this year for ex - Montreal with Kotkaniemi & Arizona with Hayton).

Just FYI, I like Bouchard a lot and I agree with you that he could be something special. Along with Hughes and Boqvist.
Bouchard is one of the players I was hoping the Sabres would target (before they won the #1 oa).

Personally, I’d have taken Hughes and Boqvist in front of him. I’d have been very happy if Buffalo had ended up with him, though.

But there is no world where I would have taken him over Dahlin.

Bouchard did what he did against kids in Juniors, as a 3rd year player due to his late bday (many high picks only play 2yrs in junior before being drafted).

Dahlin did what he did as one of the youngest defenseman ever in the SEL - a men’s league that is considered by many to be the 3rd best league in the world.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I hope they’re just trolling lol. Dahlin is unbelievable.

Never seen a dman do what he does since bobby Orr
Hopefully he can keep doing that against NHL opponents.

Comments like these make it sound like you've just watched a couple of highlight packages.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Hopefully he can keep doing that against NHL opponents.

Comments like these make it sound like you've just watched a couple of highlight packages.

I’ve watched him live on the ice in buffalo, I watched him live at world juniors etc...and of course I’ve seen the highlight packages.

I’m not saying he is bobby Orr, all I meant by that comment is how some of the things he’s done with the puck, I’ve never seen any other defenseman do other than Bobby Orr.

I think Dahlin is extremely special and I do not think I’m alone in thinking that.

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
This guy has such an incredibly unique skill set, especially for a defender. I can’t wait to watch him and see how he does in the show

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Like what exactly?

Try watching him sometime maybe? In terms of carrying the puck and being as dynamic as he is at his age, yeah he's one of the best D prospects we've ever seen.

While there might be some over-hype and unrealistic expectations, pretty sure you were the one who said he has almost no shot as 40 points as a rookie. Which I disagree with. Aaron Ekblad did it 3 years ago. You seem to be the one setting the bar too low on the opposite end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad