LD Rasmus Dahlin - Frolunda HC, SHL (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
Dahlins upside in my opinion is from a Nick Leddy/Barrie/Brodie type
In preseason? Yeah, maybe I guess. Tho I'm pretty sure he's not gonna try to switch hands and become a righty this quickly but you never know.... wait, unless you were being serious. If so, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pick on you like that kiddo. That's a cute idea ya got there, we're all proud of ya, keep it up champ.

Last edited:

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Speaking of which, I wonder who he's going to play with. Next to Ristolainen? I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Dahlin outperformed Ristolainen, that's for sure.

Yeah, I dunno. It's striking that Scandella was mostly on par with Ristolainen in shared minutes. The Sabres have thrown him into fire and he can't handle it.

Like Eichel, Dahlin is probably Buffalo proof. Meaning that he can outshine the shite

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
In preseason? Yeah, maybe I guess. Tho I'm pretty sure he's not gonna try to switch hands and become a righty this quickly but you never know.... wait, unless you were being serious. If so, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pick on you like that kiddo. That's cute idea ya got there, we're all proud of ya, keep it up champ.
Dahlin isn’t an 80 point defenseman lol and probably won’t ever be. He will be a decent 1 and a great #2 but won’t be elite like everyone is pumping him up to be.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Dahlin isn’t an 80 point defenseman lol and probably won’t ever be. He will be a decent 1 and a great #2 but won’t be elite like everyone is pumping him up to be.

To each his own, I've watched enough young players go from the SHL to the NHL to believe he'll be a top 5 player in the world in 4-5 years.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Dahlin will be the best defensemen in the league sooner than later.

Reactions: tooji

The Wizz

Nov 3, 2015
Hedman himself said Dahlin is twice as good as he was at his age. So if Dahlin is a non elite 2...is the reigning Norris winner a strong 4?

Clearly just a decent middle 4 pairing guy. Better move him quick before that contract becomes an albatrosse.

Abraham de Lacy

Character issues :sarcasm:

Yeah .. he took a couple of unnecessary penalties in the SHL. It would be nice if he polished that of. I don't know what to make of this to be honest.

As my dad used to say: .. "It's just youthful exuberance if you learn from it .. but if it sticks with you and you learn nothing, it is in your character .. and that might not be good".

I don't like the mean streak but that hit was clean to me.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Impressions from the 3v3 tourney:

Extremely calm and poised. Lateral movement was the best at the camp by far.

A lot better offensively than I originally thought - and I had high expectations.

D was just ok - lost his man a little bit I expect that with his conversion to smaller rinks.

Overall - looked like a top pick playing. No
Doubt he will come in an wow people. Easily a #4 or #3 on most teams. And his potential and competitiveness are through the roof

Excited about him for sure

Reactions: L13

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Lol what. Not even close

Your trolling aren't you? lol.

If Dahlin becomes Hedman 2.0 the Sabres will be really happy with this pick. With that said, all the evidence, eye and stats suggest he will be even better. He is a better Defenseman than Hedman was at his age by a long shot. Why hate on a Prospect so much? Why should you care if Buffalo gets their Franchise Dman? How does it effect you at all?

Is he Better than Hedman right now? No. Does he have the potential to surpass him? Absolutely. I don't see why you have such a hard time understanding that.....

Reactions: WeDislikeEich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->