LD Rasmus Dahlin - Frolunda HC, SHL (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Would be a big marketing asset for whatever city gets the Coyotes

My #1 please don't get picked by is Edmonton, if you get 5 lottery wins you shouldn't get a 6th

The team i would like to see him go to is vancouver. They have a good rebuild going on and they have a need of a 1D and there is alot of swedish players there already, both veterans and younger ones.

But if not vancouver, than edmonton is high up in the list. Would be fun to see him and McDavid togeheter, there are swedes there and they lack a 1D. Edmonton is a young team going up that could win SC with Dahlin in it, if they just get a decent GM. If edmonton deserve it or not is for me irrelevant.

Worsed would probabaly be Arizona and Detroit. Detroit is a ageing team that have drafted and traded pretty poorly. They are a team trending down.

You want him to go to a team that has some young elite forwards and that needs a 1D.

Reactions: felixpettersson

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
Would be a big marketing asset for whatever city gets the Coyotes

My #1 please don't get picked by is Edmonton, if you get 5 lottery wins you shouldn't get a 6th

We will trade back the Yakupov pick to make it fair, okay?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
The team i would like to see him go to is vancouver. They have a good rebuild going on and they have a need of a 1D and there is alot of swedish players there already, both veterans and younger ones.

But if not vancouver, than edmonton is high up in the list. Would be fun to see him and McDavid togeheter, there are swedes there and they lack a 1D. Edmonton is a young team going up that could win SC with Dahlin in it, if they just get a decent GM. If edmonton deserve it or not is for me irrelevant.

Worsed would probabaly be Arizona and Detroit. Detroit is a ageing team that have drafted and traded pretty poorly. They are a team trending down.

You want him to go to a team that has some young elite forwards and that needs a 1D.

Zetterberg isn't the only player on Detroit.

sleepers

May 16, 2013
Stockholm
Wut? Larkin and Mantha are doing fine, ups and downs per young players but definitely not scrubs. AA has been solid enough. Green has played well enough to be considered a good player still. Do you even watch any Wings games?

This guy is a troll, it's just that he isn't aware himself. Better to not pay attention to his comments.

Reactions: DDRhockey and tfong

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Wut? Larkin and Mantha are doing fine, ups and downs per young players but definitely not scrubs. AA has been solid enough. Green has played well enough to be considered a good player still. Do you even watch any Wings games?

Green? As I said ageing.

Larkin and Mantha is pretty much all they have going forward, and I do not think that is enough. Rasmussen could ofc be good to. But compare to what Edmonton and Vancouver has it feels like it comes out short.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Green? As I said ageing.

Larkin and Mantha is pretty much all they have going forward, and I do not think that is enough. Rasmussen could ofc be good to. But compare to what Edmonton and Vancouver has it feels like it comes out short.
Yea but it would be cool for Detroit to get him because players that get drafted by Detroit tend to improve a whole lot. Edmonton draft picks turn into busts. RNH could have been a number 1c and Yakupov could have maybe been something too.

Dahlin could maybe turn Detroit into a playoff team in the next few years.

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Green? As I said ageing.

Green(32 is not that old btw), Kronwall, Ericsson, Daley, Howard, Nielsen and Zetterberg are pretty much the only veteran players on the wings
Then Green's contract is over at the end of the season, and Kronwall might walk away after 18/19. Ericsson and Daley are signed until 2020, Zetterberg is only until 2020 aswell most likely.
Mrazek, Tatar, Nyquist, DeKeyser, Bertuzzi, Athanasiou are not exactly old either.

In 2007 Blackhawks had Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Bolland and Byfuglien. Majority of their leading players from 2006-07 season were not part of their championship core.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Green? As I said ageing.

As others said, Green isn't really ageing. His game is less offensive now though than when he was with the caps.

Also the other poster said Zetterberg was the only good player on the Wings and that's what I was challenging.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Yea but it would be cool for Detroit to get him because players that get drafted by Detroit tend to improve a whole lot. Edmonton draft picks turn into busts. RNH could have been a number 1c and Yakupov could have maybe been something too.

Darlin could maybe turn Detroit into a playoff team in the next few years.

I think that is mostly a myth. Just take other swedes drafted by them, the 2 decent ones they have drafted in this decade is Janmark and Jarnkrok, they both got their breakthrough in other teams.

When in comes to actually drafting the right players, i would say detroit is one of the worsed in the league. They throw away so many picks on just weird players that never turn out to be anything. Edmonton is not good at drafting either but they at least have had some luck at got some of the best players in the league lately. Edmonton has when it comes to their young core, McDavid, Draisaitl , Yamamoto , Puljujarvi, RNH, Larsson, Klefbom, Nurse. Detroit has, Mantha, Larkin and Rasmussen. It is not even close.

Detroit maybe can be a playoff team with some luck, but Edmonton have a real chance on becoming a SC champion very soon.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I think that is mostly a myth. Just take other swedes drafted by them, the 2 decent ones they have drafted in this decade is Janmark and Jarnkrok, they both got their breakthrough in other teams.

When in comes to actually drafting the right players, i would say detroit is one of the worsed in the league. They throw away so many picks on just weird players that never turn out to be anything. Edmonton is not good at drafting either but they at least have had some luck at got some of the best players in the league lately. Edmonton has when it comes to their young core, McDavid, Draisaitl , Yamamoto , Puljujarvi, RNH, Larsson, Klefbom, Nurse. Detroit has, Mantha, Larkin and Rasmussen. It is not even close.

Detroit maybe can be a playoff team with some luck, but Edmonton have a real chance on becoming a SC champion very soon.
I would rather watch Dahlin have his own thing on a team where he can lead, instead of being on a team where he can get carried by his teammates and just float. I want him to push himself to be someone great and start his own little dynasty.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Green(32 is not that old btw), Kronwall, Ericsson, Daley, Howard, Nielsen and Zetterberg are pretty much the only veteran players on the wings
Then Green's contract is over at the end of the season, and Kronwall might walk away after 18/19. Ericsson and Daley are signed until 2020, Zetterberg is only until 2020 aswell most likely.
Mrazek, Tatar, Nyquist, DeKeyser, Bertuzzi, Athanasiou are not exactly old either.

In 2007 Blackhawks had Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Bolland and Byfuglien. Majority of their leading players from 2006-07 season were not part of their championship core.

They are maybe not old, but they are not really any difference makers out on the ice either.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
The islanders need him or one of the top ranked D in the worst way.

Islanders would be a good fit for Dahlin. Weak defense group which means he won't get buried somewhere in his rookie season, and plenty of good forwards to pick up his passes and zone entries. He and Barzal could have some real synergy for the next decade.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017

I disagree. Detroit is perhaps one of the strongest at drafting NHL talent. Look where we draft all the time over the last 25 years? LATE...but yet so many of our guys make it to the show whether or not it is here or elsewhere.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Buiffalo would be a tremendous fit for him.

Habs could definitely use him as well.

Any team could use him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad