LD Quinton Hughes - U of Michigan, NCAA (2018, 7th, VAN) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Looks like will make his decision anyday now about returning to College hockey or singing with the Canucks. I think would be better to stay away from our SURE THING tire fire this year and develop on some skills that he needs to work on and be ready for top 4 role in 2019-20.

In saying that could see him making the team this year and probably will be our 4th best d behind the Tan Man Edler and Hutts

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: deflowd

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
is there a source for this news? I must’ve missed it.
Well someone from the Canuck board mentioned from a source (player that played with Hughes in college) that Hughes has decided to turn pro.

Which one is true?

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Can we stop pretending Hughes is on the same level as Dahlin?

He's not.

He's still a phenomenal prospect.
Better IQ better skater. Dahlin has the size and the hype. Q also is already acclimated to the smaller ice surface. You have your opinion and that's fine. Answer me this. How many Swedes D have come out of Europe with that can't miss hype? only to either fizzle out or take years before they put it all together. If q was 5feet3 he would have gone first overall.. Q will be the next EK. As much as I like Rasmus. I scouted him for 21c games this year. The style he plays won't fly over in NA. Is he good enough to acclimate his game? Absolutely. He willb\ be another Hedman. It will take him 3-4 years before he really shows what his worth.

Q, on the other hand, has been raised in NA. He has played against NHL players. He has completely developed his own style of D that kids 30 years fro,m now will emulate. Q has had to rely on IQ and wits and speed tp play D which BTW led all of his team even strength and PK. Rasmus has always had the size to rely on. Ask yourself this. When Rasmus all of a sudden is just average size and height he is going to have to rely on all the things Q has been relying on since he was11. You guy can laugh at me call me a homer. I get paid to evaluate talent. I was on the EP train 3 years before anyone else. Same with Klingberg.

Mark my words Hughes will be the best D of all that were taken this year. If EP wasn't playing he would win the Calder. He will win a Norris long before Rasmus ever does. In fact, Adam Bovqist is the best Swedish D to come out of the draft this year. A year from now I will post on this forum again. Either to say I was way wrong.. Or all you people that are going to flame me will have the balls to come on here and admit I was right

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Well someone from the Canuck board mentioned from a source (player that played with Hughes in college) that Hughes has decided to turn pro.

Which one is true?
I heard that the only way he was going to go back was if Jack played, Now that Jack is staying with the USNDT plus the fact the Wolverines lost there 3 top forwards. And the fact that Quintin is willing to go to Utica for a bit if that's what it takes, I think its pretty obvious that he is turning pro. Otherwise, he would have made the choice awhile back. I think right now they are hammering out any final stipulations, regarding Utica plus sitting sown and making sure that he knows he might not play all 82 games plus coming up with a plan for the summer.

To say he was going back to College would have taken a lot less time.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Because he still has things to learn against junior players and more importantly doesn't play at an NHL pace. Go back and watch the Memorial Cup games, he made some awful plays defensively and was directly responsible for several goals against. Doesn't mean he isn't a wonderful prospect despite the current lack of ability, but he's not ready.

Hughes has problems too, but they are more about reining in the aggressive positioning. He plays with pace and has a better, quicker understanding of the game, including without the puck.
Have you ever watched Q play? His D is just as good as his offense. He led all freshman D in plus-minus. Killed penalties. and was on the ice for 1 goal ijn the worlds against all-star teams. Dobson was playing against 15-19-year-olds. Qwa playing against 19 to 24 year-olds while being the youngest player in the league. Please if you are going to try to put somebody down. Have proper facts first. I suggest you go watch the frozen 4 . Watch how he dominated on both sides of the ice.

BTW 5 diff scouts said they had Hughes as their 1 pick. Except they were afraid to go against all the hype. But they said if not next year the year after. It will be clear who won this draft.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Have you ever watched Q play? His D is just as good as his offense. He led all freshman D in plus-minus. Killed penalties. and was on the ice for 1 goal ijn the worlds against all-star teams. Dobson was playing against 15-19-year-olds. Qwa playing against 19 to 24 year-olds while being the youngest player in the league. Please if you are going to try to put somebody down. Have proper facts first. I suggest you go watch the frozen 4 . Watch how he dominated on both sides of the ice.

BTW 5 diff scouts said they had Hughes as their 1 pick. Except they were afraid to go against all the hype. But they said if not next year the year after. It will be clear who won this draft.
Everything you say sounds like fake news. Where's the sources?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Wouldn't be surprised by that. Quinn has many qualities that I value extremely highly for a defenseman in today's NHL. If Quinn ends up being the best defenseman - even the best player - of the draft, that wouldn't shock me. Size is still rated far too highly for a player profile such as his.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

Yeah right.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Better IQ better skater. Dahlin has the size and the hype. Q also is already acclimated to the smaller ice surface. You have your opinion and that's fine. Answer me this. How many Swedes D have come out of Europe with that can't miss hype? only to either fizzle out or take years before they put it all together. If q was 5feet3 he would have gone first overall.. Q will be the next EK. As much as I like Rasmus. I scouted him for 21c games this year. The style he plays won't fly over in NA. Is he good enough to acclimate his game? Absolutely. He willb\ be another Hedman. It will take him 3-4 years before he really shows what his worth.

Q, on the other hand, has been raised in NA. He has played against NHL players. He has completely developed his own style of D that kids 30 years fro,m now will emulate. Q has had to rely on IQ and wits and speed tp play D which BTW led all of his team even strength and PK. Rasmus has always had the size to rely on. Ask yourself this. When Rasmus all of a sudden is just average size and height he is going to have to rely on all the things Q has been relying on since he was11. You guy can laugh at me call me a homer. I get paid to evaluate talent. I was on the EP train 3 years before anyone else. Same with Klingberg.

Mark my words Hughes will be the best D of all that were taken this year. If EP wasn't playing he would win the Calder. He will win a Norris long before Rasmus ever does. In fact, Adam Bovqist is the best Swedish D to come out of the draft this year. A year from now I will post on this forum again. Either to say I was way wrong.. Or all you people that are going to flame me will have the balls to come on here and admit I was right
That's a bold statement and I hope your right look forward to seeing them both play.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
if he does play a regular nhl role this year he will certainly break the mold of the last 3 18 yr olds ( D)to make the nhl

ekblad 6’4”” 220
jones 6’ 5” 210
chycrun 6’3” 205

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Wow the possible biggest homer I’ve ever seen. What’s your scouting, watching from YouTube? You seem pretty full of yourself. Might want to take it down a notch bud.

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

What a load of bull-plop! In this draft, no one had anyone other than Dahlin 1st overall, and certainly not Quinn Hughes even if there was someone that would have gone 1st. If they did, then it is time to hang up the scouting pants.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
You got me there. I would too. But I was talking about cloning three Quinns vs 1 Dahlin. I'd rather have the singular Dahlin, but that's just me.

Technically if I go on reports isn't Luke a Quinn clone. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->