LD Quinton Hughes - U of Michigan, NCAA (2018, 7th, VAN) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Overrated and soft. Seen him live a few times. Dont think his game will translate as easily to the next levels. 25 point defender who can't get it done in his own zone.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Overrated and soft. Seen him live a few times. Dont think his game will translate as easily to the next levels. 25 point defender who can't get it done in his own zone.

The “can’t get it done in his own zone” is defensible. Not likely but at least defensible.

But 25 points? Jesus man, even Chris Tanev, who doesn’t have an offensive bone in his body and doesn’t play a lick of PP can put up 20 on this team.

Hughes will put up 25+ pts in the PP alone, let alone in total.

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007

" "I've watched him play"

I'm sure no one else in this thread has seen him play...right?

...but you assess talent at an elite scouter level...riiiight?

Give it a rest." "

That's a response you gave to another user who was criticizing Tanev. So you must be an elite scout then?

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
" "I've watched him play"

I'm sure no one else in this thread has seen him play...right?

...but you assess talent at an elite scouter level...riiiight?

Give it a rest." "

That's a response you gave to another user who was criticizing Tanev. So you must be an elite scout then?

I never said Nobody else has seen him play or that I'm 100 percent correct. This is my opinion which I'm allowed to have. Sorry if it doesn't line up with your opinion.

But it is far likelier that many people have seen tanev live than hughes live given one is an NHLer.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
The “can’t get it done in his own zone” is defensible. Not likely but at least defensible.

But 25 points? Jesus man, even Chris Tanev, who doesn’t have an offensive bone in his body and doesn’t play a lick of PP can put up 20 on this team.

Hughes will put up 25+ pts in the PP alone, let alone in total.

He's been lighting it up against men. He can Score 25 points in his sleep in the NHL right now lmao. What part of his game do you think won't translate? The world class skating? Or the incredible ice vision.

Purely saying "this is my opinion " with no back up arguments is just hating .

Henrik Sedin is soft. William Nylander is soft. My pillow is soft. What does that have to do with translating his game?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Lmfao

25 points haha
The guy is gonna get that on the PP alone in his rookie year

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I never said Nobody else has seen him play or that I'm 100 percent correct. This is my opinion which I'm allowed to have. Sorry if it doesn't line up with your opinion.

But it is far likelier that many people have seen tanev live than hughes live given one is an NHLer.

Disagree.. He is not Chris Pronger.. but his game will translate because he has elite IQ , wheels and hands... He's small not soft.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

lol bet you said the same thing about karlsson

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Canucks will likely finish with a top 7 pick...
would not be surprised at all to see them try to trade up and grab the other Hughes.

HC7

May 2, 2018
Canucks will likely finish with a top 7 pick...
would not be surprised at all to see them try to trade up and grab the other Hughes.

Every team in the NHL would try to trade up for Hughes...

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Geez guys its just his opinion, he didnt say it in an offensive way, your making us look bad by being so upset about him politely stating his opinion. We are not all like that EXTRAS

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Geez guys its just his opinion, he didnt say it in an offensive way, your making us look bad by being so upset about him politely stating his opinion. We are not all like that EXTRAS

While I agree people need to develop thicker skins around here, esp Canuck fans, that one guy’s opinion was pretty stupid. Hughes will never score “just” 25 points in the NHL. He’ll either blow that away or he won’t be in the NHL, period.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
While I agree people need to develop thicker skins around here, esp Canuck fans, that one guy’s opinion was pretty stupid. Hughes will never score “just” 25 points in the NHL. He’ll either blow that away or he won’t be in the NHL, period.
Maybe hes predicting Hughes will bust. I think that would be a crazy opinion but its just that, and some people really cant get over the small thing

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Maybe hes predicting Hughes will bust. I think that would be a crazy opinion but its just that, and some people really cant get over the small thing

Then he’d have said bust. I can accept that more than the idea of Hughes in the NHL but never exceeding 25 points.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Is it outrageous to say MTL or Ottawa should have taken this kid 3rd or 4th overall?
It's not outrageous. Would've been fine with either one of Hughes, Tkachuk, Kotka, Zadina. Really happy with Kotka though.

SAM STEVENS

Oct 21, 2018
Quin Hughes reminds me of a Jordan Subban for some reason not that has anything to do with anything.

SAM STEVENS

Oct 21, 2018
must be the colour of their skin?

Yes Crosby always reminds me of Andrew Ebbett
hahaha maybe... I think its because he is a undersized D that did good in Jr and never really faced adversity then when the time came people realized this guy is not as good like the hype told us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad