LD Oleg Sosunov - DEAC, Erste Liga (2016, 178th, TBL, released)

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
In the first preseason game this season for Tampa (a game I attended) him and Foote were the best defensemen playing. NHLer Andrej Sustr was 4th at best (Hajek outplayed him too).

After that game I started getting hyped about him, and his juniors play is backing it up.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Yeah, kinda weird how he couldn't score in the MHL like at all, but started to score in the WHL. But good for him.

For some reason most players the past few years have struggled to score while playing in Loko's junior system, I have no idea whats going on there. Denisienko, Kayumov, Slepets all slumping. Even Yurtaikin struggled while he was there shortly this season before becoming a top player at the VHL level. It doesn't make sense.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Watched Sos every game last season as a Warriors season ticket holder. Really solid skater, surprisingly good stick handling ability and some great offensive awareness. He moves the puck decently in the defensive zone but tends to make some boneheaded plays at times when under pressure. Seems to have a bit of a temper which will lead him to take revenge on players and either completely miss hits when stepping up or take a bad penalty. He's big but not overly physical when you account for his size and how he uses it. Plays a very similar game to Tyler Myers where he excels more offensively than defensively. Not as good as Myers was at the same age though. I think he realistically has a ceiling of a guy that should be a 3rd pairing kind of guy on a good team. Has an absolute cannon of a slapshot but it is widely inaccurate. Shot a couple pucks right over the glass from the point on the PP. I could see him being a really solid 3rd pairing, limited PK time and PP2 time if no one else can take the role. Could become better than that though as he develops his game more.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
These huge projects almost never turn out Valabik, Valach , Paygin. To get a Parayko, Chara, Myers you have to be extremely lucky.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
These huge projects almost never turn out Valabik, Valach , Paygin. To get a Parayko, Chara, Myers you have to be extremely lucky.

The overwhelming majority of 6th round, 178th overall picks "almost never turn out". If your going to take a shot, doing it with a player his size is a low risk, high reward proposition.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad