LD Ole Bjorgvik Holm - Mississauga Steelheads, OHL (2020, 145th, CBJ)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Making this thread not necessarily for this year, but for the future. There is a chance that Holm probably doesn't get drafted, but I can see him being selected as an overager. He made a big jump from last season heading from midget level with the Colorado Thunderbirds to the OHL with the Steelheads. Holm is quite raw and this season could be an adjustment period due to the difference in talent level, but there a lot of tools that I see in a potential future NHL defender.

He has great frame and really good skating ability for his size. Ole loves jumping up into the play and can make plays with the puck. He has decent enough offensive skills and tools to be on the second powerplay, but the Steelheads have Thomas Harley who gets majority of the important minutes in all zones. I do suggest that some of Holm's lack of exposure does come from Harley getting to play almost everything, however, Holm is still a project. He has some questions concerning his puck decision outside of the offensive zone and he can struggle against a strong forecheque.

Nonetheless, Ole is a good passer, can create offence for his teammates, and does play a physical game. If there is something I want to see him improve, it is more muscle on his frame and become a more consistent player either if it is with the puck or away from it. Now with that sad, don't be surprised if he's able to have a breakout season next year because as I mentioned there is a lot to like about his game. I don't see top 3 d-man potential, but he could be a #4-5 version of Oscar Klefbolm in the future. Thoughts?

EP: Ole Bjørgvik Holm at eliteprospects.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad