LD Nicolas Beaudin (2018, 27th, CHI, traded to MTL)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Already logging huge minutes for Drummondville, look for him to have a big draft year (along with McIsaac and Dobson).

dv_92_beaudin,_nicolas.jpg

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=284924

Reactions: Fixxer

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Is having a good year with 4G+11A in 18 games and was very good when I watched him vs Halifax. He wasnt overly flashy but he was always making smart plays and made a great read in OT to jump up towards the net to score the winning. Not sure I see a huge upside in him but is a safe bet to be an nhler imo. Think #4-5 D-man is an attainable upside for him and think he's a 2nd rounder come june

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
He really should be getting more talk but no one other than Dahlin and to a lesser extent Svechnikov/Zadina are getting any attention. Had a huge night with 1G+4A in a 7-4 win and now is a ppg. Drummondville should be a mem cup fave next year as they have a lot of young talent that'll be back for next year.

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
I had Girard top 12 at time in her draft . Very dynamic , was the better player on the ice every night

Saw Beaudin 3 times this years , include Thursday against Les Cataractes de Shawinigan and play against in Midget when he was 15 .

He is far from being a skater like Samuel Girard , he not beating press with is feet that much . His skate is Ok , good lateral movement , good puck mover for sur and a very good clapper but i don't see him in top 2 round and nowhere in the world close to Girard

Squats

Mar 27, 2013
I had Girard top 12 at time in her draft . Very dynamic , was the better player on the ice every night

Saw Beaudin 3 times this years , include Thursday against Les Cataractes de Shawinigan and play against in Midget when he was 15 .

He is far from being a skater like Samuel Girard , he not beating press with is feet that much . His skate is Ok , good lateral movement , good puck mover for sur and a very good clapper but i don't see him in top 2 round and nowhere in the world close to Girard

i think you're underestimating his skating a bit. a very good clapper? not sure about that. i agree with the rest though

other qualities/weaknesses:
- elite level IQ
- brings the puck coast to coast with ease
- team player

- lacks physical play
- looks small out there
- needs to improve his defensive play (already made big improvements though)

although very good, he's not a game changer like butch said. he's still far from girard but i could see beaudin having a pretty big year next year with drummondville being the early favourites with halifax to win it all. i'd take a chance on beaudin with a mid-late third.

Squats

Mar 27, 2013
Wasn't too high on beaudin till 3-4 weeks ago. This guy definetly stepped his game up in the end of the season and the beggining of the playoffs. It seems like he's doing everything good right now. Again, not the most physical guy but solid defensively and being such an offensive threat. He's the gunpowder. He definetly climbed up the charts lately

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
I am on the fence about Beaudin, I like his offensive instincts, but for his game to translate to the next level he will need to improve his skating, ok/good skating is not enough for a smallish defenseman in today's NHL, creating offense becomes very difficult otherwise since you can't create that time and space for yourself to begin with. So not sure if his game will truly translate to the next level.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I saw him yesterday and I was really impressed how he controls the game ! he's a real QB but he need to improve is skating, He reminds me Andrei Markov

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
What are we thinking? someone takes a chance with a mid round pick, 3rd/4th round? Seems like a boom or bust guy.

Shades of Girard?

No Sam Girard is/was an elite skater. They are of the same stature but this guy seems like an average/little above average skater. I like @LastWordArmy style comparision to Kaberle.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
What are we thinking? someone takes a chance with a mid round pick, 3rd/4th round? Seems like a boom or bust guy.

No Sam Girard is/was an elite skater. They are of the same stature but this guy seems like an average/little above average skater. I like @LastWordArmy style comparision to Kaberle.

Kaberle was an outstanding skater, it was half of what made him so effective. If he wasn't such a fluid skater the other team would be able to pressure him and make his passing skill set useless outside of the PP.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I would say Markov, not the most fluide skater but he is QI hockey is so high ! I look at Mete her and he is the opposite of him !

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
I would say Markov, not the most fluide skater but he is QI hockey is so high ! I look at Mete her and he is the opposite of him !
I mean, the opposite would be someone with great speed but low IQ. Mete has great speed and high IQ but lacks size.

The opposite you are looking for is more like Nate the Gr8 Beaulieu.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I mean, the opposite would be someone with great speed but low IQ. Mete has great speed and high IQ but lacks size.

The opposite you are looking for is more like Nate the Gr8 Beaulieu.

Mete is not a QB .. yes he has great speed but his vision offensively is not great

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Mete is not a QB .. yes he has great speed but his vision offensively is not great
His passing and vision is great. Not an actual PPQB but that’s the thing that impressed me the most from him (already knew he was an elite skater).

Beaudin will have to improve his defensive game if he wants to become Markov-lite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad