LD Michael Matheson (2012, 23rd, FLA)

IkeaMonkey*

Heard Chad was a bit under the weather over the Holidays. A touch of the Canadian Flu brought on by the fear of a sudden loss of his best goal scorer, perhaps?

There is no way that he didn't spend a week dropping rectangular bits of stone all over Southern North Dakota when the Roy news hit.

No joking with Yeti, Edges. You should know better than that :x

BLBarmada

Heard Chad was a bit under the weather over the Holidays. A touch of the Canadian Flu brought on by the fear of a sudden loss of his best goal scorer, perhaps?

There is no way that he didn't spend a week dropping rectangular bits of stone all over Southern North Dakota when the Roy news
hit.

What Roy news ? What went down ?

IkeaMonkey*

Half the stuff he talks about I can't even understand. Canadian flu?

I'm a fan, I don't work for the Stars.

A joke...about Patrick Roy...he's a Canadian...and flu...well...it's Patrick Roy...

Ohhhhh, nevermind.

IkeaMonkey*

Come on. Makes it all the more fun.

Don't worry, you can still refer to Fargo players as "my boys"... and yes, every time it will STILL ruffle my feathers. Unless you are referring to Cooper or Wade...then I won't care. They are the only two players I remotely cheer for on that team.

Edges7*

Feb 25, 2010
MA
What Roy news ? What went down ?

Nothing.

Flags in front of the IceBox almost went to half staff when it was revealed that the Remparts approached Roy over the Christmas pause. The saving grace was in the fact that Roy has an advisor/mentor that is almost 100% against Major Junior hockey and very pro NCAA and he's had a very strong influence on the family.

There's a thread here somewhere that if I really cared about doing anything more than yanking Yeti's chain I'd link you to it.

Hey Yetter!!! Lighten up Francis. I read your blog, man. You do a good job.

Edges7*

Feb 25, 2010
MA
Don't worry, you can still refer to Fargo players as "my boys"... and yes, every time it will STILL ruffle my feathers. Unless you are referring to Cooper or Wade...then I won't care. They are the only two players I remotely cheer for on that team.

How about your boy Farley?

Sorry...couldn't resist...

:yo:

Yeti

HFBoards Partner
Feb 19, 2005
www.lincolnstarsblog.com
Roy's brother (who is a goaltender) has committed to Brown also, so I think that's a big reason why Kevin didn't bolt for the Q. He wants to play with big bro at college.

Just my worthless opinion.

Edges7*

Feb 25, 2010
MA
Has anybody heard anything then? There's been no announcement or anything...

There's a back story here that I am trying to get. The first part of it goes, Once Upon A Time he was in Montreal until Tuesday and the word was that he was signed sealed and delivered to Moncton.

He lived happily ever after....

Uh...since he's playing in Dubuque there's some exposition that needs to be provided between those two pragraphs...

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
It doesnt make sense for him to leave now...if he stays in the USHL and gets drafted out of the USHL he can play in the AHL at 19...

From what im hearing, he will most likely be in Moncton in the fall...but will finish this season with Dubuque.

I was just going to going by what the Fighting Saints said this week...I wont be surprised at all if he ends up in Moncton...I am almost expecting it

BLBarmada

What did you expect him to say? He's not going add more distractions during the stretch run of the season.

You have been talking a lot about him going to the Q...Back that up.

His two good friends withdrew their commitments, he's not going there.

He wants to be an NHLer, he probably stayed in Dubuque in order to play in the AHL at 19.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
who care about ahl at 19 ? Will he be ready for AHL at 19 ? no way. Going to Moncton would be good for developpement as Coach Flynn has done a great job developping d-men (Gormley, Barberio, Savard ect)

Guy Flaming

who care about ahl at 19 ? Will he be ready for AHL at 19 ? no way. Going to Moncton would be good for developpement as Coach Flynn has done a great job developping d-men (Gormley, Barberio, Savard ect)

As terrific as Danny Flynn's track record has been, his (and many, many other coach's), pales in comparison to the list of NHL players that have played for Jerry York at Boston College. He's the second most winningest coach in NCAA history.

You can make other arguments as to why you'd want to see Matheson play in the CHL over the NCAA and I'd probably even support some of them. But the coach? Sorry, not in this case. And that's not a slight to Danny Flynn in any way.

BLBarmada

As terrific as Danny Flynn's track record has been, his (and many, many other coach's), pales in comparison to the list of NHL players that have played for Jerry York at Boston College. He's the second most winningest coach in NCAA history.

You can make other arguments as to why you'd want to see Matheson play in the CHL over the NCAA and I'd probably even support some of them. But the coach? Sorry, not in this case. And that's not a slight to Danny Flynn in any way.

Tell that to Anthony Duclair and Jonathan Drouin......

Seriously though, he's better off in the Q where his game will thrive.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
sounds like he's definitely waivering and there's a decent chance that the NHL team that drafts will prefer him to go to the QMJHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad