D Matt Virgilio - Soo Greyhounds, OHL (2024 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Mobile defender that played up a year, was the only player on his team that did this. Mature beyond his age, Good sturdy defender that is good on his edges, he regularly controls the pace of the game, very confident with the puck on his stick and has an edge to his game.
He is also verbally committed to go to Michigan for the 2024/25 season.

OHL Rights: Soo Greyhounds

USHL Rights: Tri-City Storm

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Didn't see a thread for him and Elite Prospects has him as a top 24 draft guy.

RHD who is very good offensively and good in his own zone should garner some attention this year with the Soo Greyhounds.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
thanks for whomever merged this thread, I figured spitfire would have started one and I was right.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Didn't see a thread for him and Elite Prospects has him as a top 24 draft guy.

RHD who is very good offensively and good in his own zone should garner some attention this year with the Soo Greyhounds.

thanks for whomever merged this thread, I figured spitfire would have started one and I was right.
Hahaha

He may have been drafted in the 4th round of the OHL draft. But that’s because it was widely believed he was going to Michigan.

If it was known he was going to play OHL - he would have been the 3rd defender off the board and was a top-10 talent in the draft.

Soo got a damn steal here.

Reactions: wetcoast

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Hard to believe this kid is only 16. Super confident and composed out there tonight where he potted his first goal and assist. if tonight was any indication of what’s to come - he may be a real good OHLer sooner than I personally anticipated.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He looks like a good two-way guy. Makes a lot of good decisions. Not many areas he's weak in. Doesn't really seem to be an especially high upside player or one that stands out in an all-star team, but a good player, nonetheless. Could see him as a second or third rounder in 2024.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad