LD Martin Fehervary - HV71, SHL (2018 draft)

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
That's sort of what I thought when I watched him with Oskarshamn this year. He wants to make a big impact on the game, and he plays very aggressively as a consequence. The question going into the future is how much of that impact can be offence? I don't think much of it will be, but he does bring some other things to the table. Puck moving and physicality to be specific.

from watching him, he definitely has the tools. He is definitely coachable..I would take a shot on him in the 4th or 5th round.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I really like this guy's game. Id rather have a defense first with a good first pass then an average defender with good offensive tools.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I think he's the best "defensive" defenseman in this draft, i'd take him over Samuelsson/Alexeyev if i was targetting that style of D-man.

dh99

Apr 17, 2019
Anyone have any updates on him? Seems to have had a nice rookie year in the SHL.

Chara-3

May 7, 2007
Anyone have any updates on him? Seems to have had a nice rookie year in the SHL.
I really like him. I think he is a lock for WC even though we have Sekera, Jaros, Cernak and possibly Chara/Marincin coming from NHL. Very good skater, confident on the puck, good vision and responsible defensively. Still just 19yo - he needs one more year in SHL or AHL, but he's definititely NHL material.

Reactions: dh99 and stastny12

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
One of the best d in the playoffs and a huge reason the 8th seed took the league winners to game seven.
Among, if not the, fastest players in the league. Just started crushing it in the playoffs and played more and more (22:41 toi/g).
Played 43 minutes in the second longest game in history.
Going by playoff performance: NHL ready.
Great defensively and has a lot of upside offensively.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
Caps Prospects at 2019 Showcase

A bit of insight from Caps' director of player personnel Steve Richmond. He seems to be incredibly high on Fehervary, putting him well above Alexeyev-- and based on his comments it seems certain he'll get playing time with the big club this year:

"I saw him play quite a bit [in 2018-19] with his team at HV71 [Jonkoping] and he played 18-21 minutes a game. He played on the PK, played late in the game, played a regular shift. I think he is head and shoulders above anybody right now, even Alexeyev. Someone has got to be first, and for me he is first. He is a powerful skater, he is really strong, competes like crazy, a workaholic away from the rink, great kid, great attitude, understands the game. I mean, I thought he could have played for us last year, to be honest with you. At the end of the year, I thought for sure he could play [in Washington], no question. I'd be shocked if he is not playing games for us this year. I think he is our best prospect right now. Everyone knows he is good, but he is going to surprise people when the exhibition games start."

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
His place in the NHL is acquired for me. He will be a very strong NHL defender. For 2026-2030, Slovakia will have a very solid base in defense with Nemec, Cernak, Fehervary and perhaps Jaros and other players (J. Chromiak for example). The level of Slovak defense will be roughly the same as during the 2000s with Chara, Visnovsky, Sekera and Meszaros.

Reactions: SpitfireG

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
He looks good so far. Really shined defending Mackinnon the other night, stepping up in a big way on the PK as well replacing the minutes of the departed Chara and Dillon. His value is high to the team having a cap hit of under 800K for the next 2 years.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

SpitfireG

Sep 29, 2013
He'll become top class domestic defender. Very impressed by his game.
Btw he played in Sweden for U20, being 16-17 year old and national team since 18 year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad