LD Martin Fehervary - HV71, SHL (2018 draft)

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Seems like he is legit.

I am really glad both Czech Repulbic and Slovakia seem to have a strong 99 generation.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Yep, the best one since Gaborik. I would love to see him at the training camp with the men's team, but we have a dumb head coach so it's likely end of the season for him...

Uf Uf. Easy. You are stepping in dangerous water.

He is really good prospect. But to compare him with Gaborik its too far. There was some guy, named Andrej Meszaros, that dont agree with you. At least. Maybe more of them. ;)

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
So, North America maybe in 18/19. Next season he will be in Allsvenska. He said, he considered CHL offers, but to play senior level under his former coach that gave him the chance in SHL, was a big motivation.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Fehervary has been named team captain of IK Osharshamn.

He has to be one of the youngest players to ever captain a Swedish pro team. Defenitely should be the youngest foreigner to do so. Impressive!

Reactions: NotProkofievian

hockey2015

Jun 30, 2014
1200.jpg

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
IK Osharshamn is second best in the standings. Also it is possible, they could fight for the promotion to SHL. Then we could see Fehervary also next 2-3 years in Sweden.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
anyone with more insight on him?

I thought he looked very solid defensively at ES and on the PK during the recent World Championships. It's pretty unusual/rare for a (1st year) draft eligible defenseman to look that good or get playing time at all at the WCs. Unsure of his offensive upside though, he was playing Pro hockey all season (outside of the WJCs).

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
anyone with more insight on him?
I think HV71 sees him as a potential top 6 d-man in the SHL next season. Which is good considering his age. I’ve seen him play but didn’t really reflect on his performance.

Hult the GM (director of sports) of HV71 seem to be really happy about the signing, calls him amazing talent with good mobility and two way play. The only thing he lacks is experience.

Probably a good second round pick and a steal if picked lower. From what I’ve read he’s 1st round talent.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I really like the player. He is the best defenceman in Slovakia today. His skating is very fluid and can go end to end very well. He doesn't show a lot of offence though...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I really like the player. He is the best defenceman in Slovakia today. His skating is very fluid and can go end to end very well. He doesn't show a lot of offence though...

That's sort of what I thought when I watched him with Oskarshamn this year. He wants to make a big impact on the game, and he plays very aggressively as a consequence. The question going into the future is how much of that impact can be offence? I don't think much of it will be, but he does bring some other things to the table. Puck moving and physicality to be specific.

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Think he goes in that 50-70 range. Defense and intensity level is there, as is a good pro frame. Lacking a bit in offensive upside, I think that is the main thing holding him back right now.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Doubt he's there for the Wings third, but if he's available into the late second I would trade something like pick 67+84 to trade up and get him. Probably won't be much of a producer at the NHL level but he has come along a bit in that regard, but I could see him as a really defensively sound top 4 guy.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->