LD Luke Hughes (2021, 4th, NJD)

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Seriously!? You think it’s as simple as paying for lessons from top skating instructors ? Tons of NHLAlumni have kids who couldn’t skate... regardless of genetics or how much coin they threw at top skating coaches. I have a theory .. NHLers tend to marry -and have offspring - with unathletic eye -candy . In rare cases jr inherits most of dads genes and becomes an NHLer but majority of time those NHL genes get blunted by the trophy moms DNA and the poor kid is a lifetime ankle bender .

I'm sure some of the eye candy is also athletic.;)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
9 games this season so far

vs Tomahawks 0+1
vs Tomahawks 0+1
vs Jackalopes 0+1
vs Amarillo Bulls 0+1
vs Sanford Power 0+0
vs MSP Magazine 1+1
vs RoughRiders 1+0 (USHL)
vs Lumberjacks 0+0 (USHL)
vs Lumberjacks 2+0 (USHL)

Next game this Friday (Green Bay Gamblers, USHL)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I think Luke will (could) be the best of all 3 brothers. - tallest, strongest skater, best overall game, etc, etc.
- it took him some time to adjust and now i think he has finally started reaping those famous fruits, slowly but steadily.
Obviously lots of work left.

5 goals, 6 assists, 11 points in 11 total games this season.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He just makes the 2021 draft by a week. He is committed to Michigan and as a Dman, I expect him to play 1 year there (unless he fast tracks his schooling to do 2 years, but Jack didn't to play to Quinn, so probably unlikely that he does).

In the last decade only a handful of Dman played right after getting drafted. Dahlin, Chrychurn, Ekblad, Jones (late birthday), Larsson. All guys 6'2 and taller. Almost all were 200 lbs.

Reactions: wetcoast

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
He just makes the 2021 draft by a week. He is committed to Michigan and as a Dman, I expect him to play 1 year there (unless he fast tracks his schooling to do 2 years, but Jack didn't to play to Quinn, so probably unlikely that he does).

In the last decade only a handful of Dman played right after getting drafted. Dahlin, Chrychurn, Ekblad, Jones (late birthday), Larsson. All guys 6'2 and taller. Almost all were 200 lbs.
He's already bigger than Jack by a noteworthy amount and he's trending towards playing his draft year in college as far as his play. No clue if he actually will

QJL

Jan 2, 2014

Ville Heinola says hello.

This Hughes looks like a great Hughes.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He's already bigger than Jack by a noteworthy amount and he's trending towards playing his draft year in college as far as his play. No clue if he actually will
He's definitely taller. Pretty much 6 feet now. Both brothers were 170 lbs or so at their draft. Luke, though taller, is he going to be around the 180 lbs range?

For him to play in the NCAA in his draft year, he'd have to fast track his HS to get admitted to Michigan. It's doable, but it's whether he wishes to do that or not. Quinn played his draft year at UM because he had an October birthday, so got drafted in the year he turned 19.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Ville Heinola says hello.

This Hughes looks like a great Hughes.
Let's see if Ville lasts the season with the Jets. He's a European drafted player, so the Jets could send him down to the AHL (burn an ELC year, but be on the roster for less than half the season, thus not accrue this season towards free agency).

Reactions: wetcoast

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Let's see if Ville lasts the season with the Jets. He's a European drafted player, so the Jets could send him down to the AHL (burn an ELC year, but be on the roster for less than half the season, thus not accrue this season towards free agency).

All signs pointing to him staying.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
He's definitely taller. Pretty much 6 feet now. Both brothers were 170 lbs or so at their draft. Luke, though taller, is he going to be around the 180 lbs range?

For him to play in the NCAA in his draft year, he'd have to fast track his HS to get admitted to Michigan. It's doable, but it's whether he wishes to do that or not. Quinn played his draft year at UM because he had an October birthday, so got drafted in the year he turned 19.
We don't really know Jack's weight because he didn't do the combine. He is slight for sure and I imagine Luke will fill out more. Yeah I know, but I guarantee that it is on their mind, even if it may get ruled out. Two kids taken in the top 8 already. Zach Werenski figured it out. As someone who watches a lot of Michigan games, I'm fine either way. Michigan blue line with L Hughes, Owen Power and Hunter Brzustewicz in 2022~23 ish would be straight fire

Reactions: clevelandcane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->