LD Luke Hughes (2021, 4th, NJD)

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Ah the 3rd Hughes brother. I've heard the other two say that he's the most skilled of them all!
Not true at all, just watched an interview with all 3 brothers together in a room and they all agreed "Jack has always been the most talented and faced the most pressure"

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
It's interesting how a family like the Hughes' are all absolutely phenomenal skaters, then you have families like the Strome's and the Reinhart's where everyone is a poor skater.
Yet Paul was a terrific skater. First time i went to see Griffin i was expecting to see a chip off the old block, i left disappointed.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Does anyone have any information on this prospect? I can't even find a good stat line on him.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Does anyone have any information on this prospect? I can't even find a good stat line on him.
He's just turned 15. It'll be a year before we start to get some real big information on him. The only thing that I know is that his skating at 15 matches Quinn's, if not better at that age.

Reactions: Tube Skates

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He's just turned 15. It'll be a year before we start to get some real big information on him. The only thing that I know is that his skating at 15 matches Quinn's, if not better at that age.
His skating is definitely more effortless compared to Quinn's game and plays a more direct and attacking style. This is different as Quinn is all about west-to-east transitions, Luke likes coming at full blast similar to Sergachev.

1967th Heaven

Aug 31, 2012
Saw Luke play a couple games at the OHL Cup, scored the game winner in the Quarterfinals in the last two minutes.

He is an extremely impressive skater, playing against the best 03s in all of Ontario he looked to be a tier above most others in this regard.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
The Hughes parents need to open up a skating school ASAP. Whatever they're doing they cracked the code. Parents from all over would send their kids, it's no coincidence that Quinn Jack and Luke are all among the best skaters in their entire birth years. It's a little absurd.

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
The Hughes parents need to open up a skating school ASAP. Whatever they're doing they cracked the code. Parents from all over would send their kids, it's no coincidence that Quinn Jack and Luke are all among the best skaters in their entire birth years. It's a little absurd.
Genetics

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
2018: With the 6th overall pick in the 2018 Entry Draft, the Detroit Red Wings select from the University of Michigan, Quinn Hughes!

2019: With the 1st overall pick in the 2019 Entry Draft, the Detroit Red Wings select from the University of Michigan, Jack Hughes!

2021: With the 1st overall pick in the 2021 Entry Draft, the Detroit Red Wings select from the University of Michigan, Luke Hughes!
If only.

Reactions: Yasuo

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
2018: With the 6th overall pick in the 2018 Entry Draft, the Detroit Red Wings select from the University of Michigan, Quinn Hughes!

2019: With the 1st overall pick in the 2019 Entry Draft, the Detroit Red Wings select from the University of Michigan, Jack Hughes!

2021: With the 1st overall pick in the 2021 Entry Draft, the Detroit Red Wings select from the University of Michigan, Luke Hughes!
0 for 2 so far... 0 for 3 if you count the Jack to Michigan prediction. ;)

I am looking forward to watching Luke for the next two seasons with the NTDP. That will be six straight seasons with a Hughes brother playing here in Plymouth.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
the fact that Luke is already 6 foot at the end of his D-2 year is incredible. If he really is a clone of Quinn's game and has all the skating tools, he could be a very special prospect.

Reactions: Tryamkin

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
the fact that Luke is already 6 foot at the end of his D-2 year is incredible. If he really is a clone of Quinn's game and has all the skating tools, he could be a very special prospect.
He’s 6 feet already? Hmmm.... must have had a growth spurt. Seemed like he would end up about the same height as his bros at 5’10.

Then again look at the subbans. PK is 6 ft. Malcolm is 6’2, while Jordan is 5’9. So never know.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
73 points in 62 games. Look I know it’s early, but I’m fully on board the Hughes brothers bandwagon. A bigger version of Quinn is a scary thought, man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->