LD Lukas Fischer - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2024 Draft)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Son of former NHLer Jiri Fischer. Recently went #6 overall in the USHL draft to the Cedar Rapids Roughriders. Already pretty tall (6'2) at 15 years old, which is not too suprrising considering his dad is 6'5". Curious to see how he does moving forward.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think he is getting decent minutes for them right off the bat.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Really nice skater for his size.

Anyone know why he left the USHL for the O?

czech

Feb 23, 2009
One time he was invited to the Czech team, now I see him on the list of candidates for the American team. Will this player end up being a Czech or an American?

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
One time he was invited to the Czech team, now I see him on the list of candidates for the American team. Will this player end up being a Czech or an American?

Is he even eligible to play for Czechia in the IIHF?

He tried out for the NTDP and didn't make it. He also tried out for the 2022 U.S. Under-17 Select Team and didn't make it. So we'll see if he's able to crack the Hlinka roster. Either way, it won't lock him in either way.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Believe he’s playing on the top pair and he scored a goal tonight for Sarnia.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
So any chance he can play for Czechs? He is looking good so far this season, and we already lost one good young D of former czech star (Oliver Bonk) to Canada, so I dont want to lose us another one lol.

Reactions: czech

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
So any chance he can play for Czechs? He is looking good so far this season, and we already lost one good young D of former czech star (Oliver Bonk) to Canada, so I dont want to lose us another one lol.
I recall reading some interview with a Czech coach, who said Fischer doesn't meet the requirements to represnt Czech Republic. Too bad, seems like he will have a good season and be a riser.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Most underrated, underscouted prospect by “Armchair scouts” in the world right now.

5 points in 7 games this season playing in every situation as Sarnia’s #1D.

6’4” defenders like him don‘t grow on trees. He will be in everyone’s first round in like 2 months.
Shhhhh… it’s one of the best kept secrets right now - let’s keep it that way for a little longer.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Most underrated, underscouted prospect by “Armchair scouts” in the world right now.

5 points in 7 games this season playing in every situation as Sarnia’s #1D.

6’4” defenders like him don‘t grow on trees. He will be in everyone’s first round in like 2 months.
Super young for this draft class too.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
What’s his playing style like?
Equally good at playing the staty-at-home Defensive role and the offensive Defenseman role. Unsurprisingly raw as one of the youngest players in this draft, but he has a lot of confidence and maturity in his game that have helped him. He's interesting in that he likes to create rush plays in transitions, which could be of risk, but he executes them well most of the time. Good physical presence at both ends, although he doesn't engage too much in the opposing end unless he has to, which is interesting given his love for playing the transition game. He has a nice slapshot that he's been using a bit more. His wrister could use a bit more power in my opinion. I've seen a few deceptive qualities in his playmaking too which will be interesting to see if those continue. He can be hectic, but also controlled.

For being 6'4, he's a good skater, and since he likes to play the puck moving game, you see that skating skill in transition quite a bit. Feel like he has the potential to really be a talented player, but he needs to refine his game more. He's mobile, but will that puck-carrying style work in the NHL? I think it can. But with his mix of size, speed & intensity, it wouldn't surprise if he's a player who goes high in the Draft if he takes the steps to mature with the path he's currently on.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Realize USA Hockey has a reticence to invite CHL players to their camps, but given his size and production in Sarnia is he deserving of opportunities in the future?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad