LD Lukas Cormier - Charlottetown Islanders, QMJHL (2020, 68th, VGK)

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
What kind of defenceman would you say he is? I’ve seen him in person a few times and he definitely looks promising.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015

He had an incredible rookie season with the Charlottetown Islanders claiming some top spots in some CHL Rookie D records. I wonder where he goes in the 2020 NHL Draft he seems like an exciting player to many.

slumpy43

Mar 30, 2005
USA
He got injured blocking a shot recently. Out 4-6 weeks.

Besides his defensive partner, the player with the closest +/- on the team has +7. Impressive

Reactions: Connor McDaigle
Aug 25, 2009
éal
I agree with this, his skating is suspect, for a guy his size he should be zipping around the ice like a Brannstrom
it was an interesting point I agree, but speed isnt everything for small dman neither. Victor Mete has blazing speed, but it's not getting him anywhere fast so far.

Tonystretcher

Oct 25, 2017
His skating is his best asset IMO. What concerns me is his lack of offensive imagination. Good passer, but he lacks that "it” factor that guys like Girard and Brannstrom have. He’s a solid two-way dman, but at 5’10 I’m not sure how that translates. He’s a tough guy to project.

Reactions: wetcoast

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Big fan of his on-puck play on offense. I really like his ability to generate attacks, and I do like his off puck movements as well, and I think Cormier is going to be a player who will be dangerous on the rush. The kid is gonna be a big threat in neutral zone play. On his own end, he isn't anything to write home about how insane he can be shutting the opposing player's down but he has really progressed in his own zone as the season went on. He's a good skater too.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
His speed isn't great, but his actual skating is good.
Yeah I think this nicely sums it up. He's got very good mobility and agility, but he currently lacks some power in his stride to be super fast. It's probably something he's working on as he'll really need that if he wants to be successful.

PodcastAlleyCanada

Jun 28, 2020
We featured Lukas Cormier in the Time Machine segment of Tracking the Draft with Craig Button. Find out who Craig goes back in time to compare him to.

Individual segment here #TrackingTheDraft with Craig Button | Time Machine Episode 7 - Lukas Cormier = Torey Krug @IslandersHKY, 2021 = Dylan Guenter @EdmOilKings

Full show right here #TrackingTheDraft with Craig Button | Episode 7 - Quinton Byfield, Drew Commesso, Alexander Pashin, Lukas Cormier, Dylan Guenther @craigjbutton

Thanks and enjoy!

Reactions: Chuck Downie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad