LD Logjam

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don't think the Senators will have 8 defencemen on their roster so 1 or 2 will have to be sent somewhere. For budget purposes, Ceci could be sent to Bingo, leaving 7 on the roster. However, if he makes the top 4, then 1 must go by trade most likely. Exactly who that would be is subject to the type of trade being made. If we try for a top 4 D or top 6 F, then one of our higher potential Ds could go (e.g., Wiercioch, Cowen).

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I don't think the Senators will have 8 defencemen on their roster so 1 or 2 will have to be sent somewhere. For budget purposes, Ceci could be sent to Bingo, leaving 7 on the roster. However, if he makes the top 4, then 1 must go by trade most likely. Exactly who that would be is subject to the type of trade being made. If we try for a top 4 D or top 6 F, then one of our higher potential Ds could go (e.g., Wiercioch, Cowen).

That's just not happening.

I think at least one defender gets moved before the start of the year. I'd hate to see Weir in the press box for half the year again, but I do like a 6-some of EK Methot Ceci Cowen Gryba Phillips, since we're all about getting Cowen to rebound and Philly ain't getting scratched.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
wier is better on the left side.

People really need to open their eyes because the solution to all Ottawa's problems is converting Cowen to wing.

Last edited:

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Has Wiercioch ever been paired with Karlsson for full games? Maybe they'd just get destroyed defensively?

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Methot-Karlsson
Phillips-Gryba
Cowen-Ceci

That is a disaster pair.

Unfortunately I think the writing is on the wall for Wier. This is what I think will happen:

Methot - Karl
Cowen - Gryba
Phillips - Ceci

extra: Boro
AHL: Claesson
Traded: Wier

But this is what I would like to happen:

Methot - Karl
Cowen - Gryba
Wier - Ceci

Extra: Phillips, Boro
AHL: Claesson

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Wiercioch isn't getting traded. Boro will be sent down.

The team will use Wiercioch wherever a player is injured or suspended.

Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Ceci
Cowen - Gryba

The team MIGHT try Cowen - Karlssson again in preseason and try the Methot Gryba pairing again, which would give us a better second pairing and better PK unit as well as give us a good third pairing.

Boro will clear waivers. Hes not a coveted player.

leftwinglocker

Go Knights !
Jul 22, 2010
Wiercioch isn't getting traded. Boro will be sent down.

The team will use Wiercioch wherever a player is injured or suspended.

Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Ceci
Cowen - Gryba

The team MIGHT try Cowen - Karlssson again in preseason and try the Methot Gryba pairing again, which would give us a better second pairing and better PK unit as well as give us a good third pairing.

Boro will clear waivers. Hes not a coveted player.

Boro would be snapped up off waivers in a second. $600K D man with 4,5 potential won't get past teams in cap trouble. He won't be going back to Binghamton. His first full year in Bingo, Kleinendorst said in the papers that he had him pegged as a #6 but he forced his hand in the first half of the season and ended up as a 1,2 . He's going to force his way in agaiin. He did it last year in the NHL. Only thing that took him out of the lineup was his two way and the team needing a puck mover.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
That's just not happening.

I think at least one defender gets moved before the start of the year. I'd hate to see Weir in the press box for half the year again, but I do like a 6-some of EK Methot Ceci Cowen Gryba Phillips, since we're all about getting Cowen to rebound and Philly ain't getting scratched.

I don't see it happening either, but it could if Murray is working on a trade that he anticipates would occur in a short period of time.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
This has to be one of the most un-impressive 3 pairings in the league (other than Karlsson of course..and maybe Methot).

wouldn't shock me at all if we're near the top of the league in GA this season. The goalies can only stop so much

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ceci is the only defenceman who does not have to clear waivers to be sent down to Bingo. They will say it's a numbers game & he will be sent down until BM/PM can decide what they want to do with their defence. It's the logical choice to avoid losing a player through waivers & it's happened to players before in Ottawa.

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Phillips
Cowen - Gryba/Boroweicki

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I think Cowen will have a good year and will play pp mins

Werichioch will be traded

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Boro would be snapped up off waivers in a second. $600K D man with 4,5 potential won't get past teams in cap trouble. He won't be going back to Binghamton. His first full year in Bingo, Kleinendorst said in the papers that he had him pegged as a #6 but he forced his hand in the first half of the season and ended up as a 1,2 . He's going to force his way in agaiin. He did it last year in the NHL. Only thing that took him out of the lineup was his two way and the team needing a puck mover.

If you don't believe me, go make a thread in the Trade forum asking other fanbases if they would pick him up. I could be wrong, but i think most teams are more afraid of losing their own players at the expense of picking up borowiecki.

Karlsson2Turris*

I wish it was:
Methot
Cowen
Wier
Phillips/Boro

Sadly it will be:
Methot
Cowen
Phillips
Boro (Wier traded it in package for a LW or will be an injury replacement)

leftwinglocker

Go Knights !
Jul 22, 2010
If you don't believe me, go make a thread in the Trade forum asking other fanbases if they would pick him up. I could be wrong, but i think most teams are more afraid of losing their own players at the expense of picking up borowiecki.

LOL Hfboards "fanbase" being representative of anything a team would actually do. I guess their pro scouting departments are better than those of an NHL team. Although, all are entitled to equally valid and uninformed opinions.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Potential to be a 4/5 doesn't get you claimed off waivers. The team that picks him up will have to keep him on the roster, so they want he to play now. I don't see Ottawa waiving him though,

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa

Glad you have confidence but I like many others see him as a current lock on #8. Kleinendorst was 3 years ago and maybe he hasn't developed as well as some of the others. He plays a solid defensive game but we already have 4-5 defensive guys. On the left wing Who Does He Replace? Ceci is younger has more to offer to the team. As far as getting picked off waivers..not much of a chance. He is a below NHL average player with little experience. How many teams at the beginning of the year are going to give him an NHL roster spot and send there own draft picks down?

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Barring injuries or a trade. Ceci should start in Bingo at least until they get the extra forward situation sorted out (Lazar, Stone, Hoffman). It might be strictly because of the 23 man roster limit but even then I can't see them sitting 2 D out every game.

Phillips could start as the right D on the 3rd pairing. He's really the only one who has enough experience to cross sides in limited minutes. The other left D stunk worse than him playing there but I've never seen Boro try that side. It would be a big plus if Boro could switch sides.

Wier and Boro can split the 3rd left D pairing duties based on opponent.

Stache will try to create a Cowen EK 1st pairing and if that works then......

Gryba and Methot could be the shutdown pair.

That said it's too bad Boro can't play 4th line LW. He'd be a tough physical asset and a great 7th D to rotate back there when needed.

btw) Boro won't be waived. He's on a one way deal and there is no money saved by sending him down.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008

This guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad