LD Kim Nousiainen - KalPa U20, FIN JRS (2019 Draft)

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by S E P H, Oct 7, 2018.

1. S E P H

S E P H @SEPH_WHL

WHL
    A big darkhorse for the 2019 draft for me, Kim is a small being at 175 cm yet he's extremely mobile defender. I would describe as a defencive-first defender, but his transition game is unbelievable. He has an immense amount of hockey IQ, especially for the defending side of the game; possesses fantastic gap control, head is always up, and he has a superb active pokecheque. Additionally, I would label him as a player who plays bigger than his size says posting up some solid PIM numbers in Finland's junior A.

Not only this, but his mobility, skating, and IQ allows him to make smart jumps into the offencive zone. He was posting up 0.69 PPG last season as an underager and has continued that pace thus far this season in his draft year. Reminds me of a mixture between Jared Spurgeon with Samuel Girard's transition game. Look for him to potentially climb up the rankings as the season gets settled in.

Kim Nousiainen at eliteprospects.com

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Frk It likes this.
  2. Tryamkin

Tryamkin Never gonna give you up...

Scored at a better rate last year than he has so far this year in the JR A. Hanging around 90-110 in my rankings this year with potential to rise, but being one of the older kids in the draft has me a little less excited about him based on his production and style of play. I could see him as a 2nd round pick with a great year.

3. jnt88

jnt88 Registered User

Player of the match in U19 tournament against the czechs

4. Frk It

Frk It From Z to Z

Anyone have any additional info on this kid?

5. S E P H

S E P H @SEPH_WHL

WHL
    He's gotten much more comfortable and his confidence has growth since the early goings of the season. Because of that, the coach has noticed this and has given him more ice-time in all situations lately, where his offence has unbeknownst exploded to a 0.81 pace. Still one of the draft's biggest darkhorse's for me.

6. jnt88

jnt88 Registered User

small defenseman with great skating ability, currently t-1st in points among defensemen in Jr. A SM with 20p in 24gp