LD Jacob Truscott - USNTDP, USHL (2020, 144th, VAN)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This guy deserves a thread. I've been very impressed with the season he's had. In my opinion, he's very close to replacing Faber as the 4th best NTDP defenseman in this draft. Truscott is a puck-moving defenseman with very good skating and a high hockey IQ at around 6'1. He's not that flashy, but does have good offensive ability, and also does well in his own zone. I'd consider him a 3rd round prospect as of now, but I could see him making his way into the 2nd round with a good end to the season. He's already increased his stock a lot this season, in my opinion. I don't know how high his upside is, but there aren't any real weaknesses to how he plays the game. He's committed to play at Michigan next season, but he's also a London Knights pick in the OHL draft.

Jacob Truscott at eliteprospects.com

Reactions: tealhockey

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Surprised he got a thread. Used to work with his brother. He always said Jacob was the best of the three of them.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Fort Gratiot, Michigan native Jacob Truscott has spent the last two seasons with the US National Team Development Program. This year he scored five goals and 16 assists for 21 points in 47 games with the Under-18 team. Unfortunately, this year’s squad didn’t get the chance to compete at the IIHF Under-18 World Championships due to the global Coronavirus pandemic. Last year, Truscott scored five goals and 12 assists for 17 points in 55 games with the Under-17 team. He also added a goal and an assist for two points in two USHL playoff games. Truscott played for Team USA at the 2018 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. He registered one assist in four tournament games.

Truscott is a product of Michigan based Little Caesar’s hockey program. In 2017-18 he scored 12 goals and 33 assists for 45 points in 48 games in Midget Hockey. In 2016-17 he scored four goals and 18 points in 20 games at the Peewee level.

Truscott is committed to playing hockey for the University of Michigan Wolverines next year. Should he change his mind, his OHL rights belong to the London Knights, who drafted him in the 8th round, 154th overall, in the 2018 OHL Priority Selection Draft.

Our Scouting Report
Jacob Truscott Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #104

PodcastAlleyCanada

Jun 28, 2020

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Truscott is hard-pressed to outshine his teammates Owen Power and Luke Hughes, plus a slew of forwards who dominated the first round of last year's draft.
But he has still played well this season, and with Power & Hughes set to make the jump to the NHL next season, Truscott will probably get a really good look on the top unit powerplay and top PK, and should patrol the blueline as Michigan's no. 1 or no. 2 defenseman next season.
But, I am wondering if anyone has watched a lot of game footage and whether they can comment on Truscott's individual impact and overall potential - is he just getting a bump by playing on a dominant roster?

Reactions: SimGrindcore

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Taking a step forward this year now that Owen Power made the jump.
Not sure if he'll stick around after this year, but Hughes is likely going to be signed at the end of the year too, so that's even more opportunity for Truscott next season if he doesn't sign with the Canucks
Between Seamus Casey, Luke Hughes, and Jacob Truscott, Michigan have three ppg defensemen on their team right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad