LD Jack Peart - Fargo Force, USHL (2021, 54th, MIN)

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Named USHL Rookie of the Year
b4802f2cfffe214dd8188602894d0486.gif

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Peart is starting to get much more attention. I created a simple model that tries to identify undervalued D-men outside the top 50. Early in the season Peart was at or near the top of the model, but wasn't in any preseason lists inside the top 100 or so.

Now McKenzie has him at 51 and other lists inside the top 50. It is well-deserved as he plays a solid 200-ft game and really excelled in the USHL postseason.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I would really like Detroit to target him with one of their 2nd rounders. Also like Behrens and Zellweger in round 2/3.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I like Peart, but I wouldn’t over-correct too much. Second round doesn’t seem like it’d be too high, but I’m not sure he has first round upside.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Will be interesting to see what order Peart, Jack Bar and Brent Johnson go. Could see all of them go in the second round. Feel like one could go sneaky high like Ryan Johnson did a couple years ago too. My money is on Johnson.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Only 10 posts in this thread so far.

Jack Peart is up there for most underrated draft eligible in my opinion. Great skater and a strong passer to go along with an excellent defensive game. Not especially physical but effective nonetheless. Very intelligent player. His upside isn't earth-shattering but he has a good chance at becoming a solid 2nd pairing NHL defenseman. He'll be in my first round, likely around 25th.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Only 10 posts in this thread so far.

Jack Peart is up there for most underrated draft eligible in my opinion. Great skater and a strong passer to go along with an excellent defensive game. Not especially physical but effective nonetheless. Very intelligent player. His upside isn't earth-shattering but he has a good chance at becoming a solid 2nd pairing NHL defenseman. He'll be in my first round, likely around 25th.

I hope he falls to the Kings in the 2nd round, or they trade up to get him.

He will be a fast riser post draft like Brock Faber last year.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Drafted in the first round, seventh overall, by the Fargo Force in the 2019 USHL Futures Draft, Jack Peart spent another season playing high school hockey in Grand Rapids before splitting his draft season between high school hockey and the USHL. He played 24 games for Fargo, scoring a goal and 14 assists for 15 points. Peart also played nine playoff games, scoring two goals and five assists for seven points. Peart was named to the Second USHL All-Rookie Team. He also played 18 games for Grand Rapids High School. Peart scored 11 goals and 24 assists for 35 points. He was named Minnesota’s Mr. Hockey, the award annually given to the best high school player in the State.

In 2019-20, Peart played just five games with Fargo, picking up two assists. He also played 25 games for Grand Rapids High, scoring 12 goals and 15 assists for 27 points. Fargo also spent time with Team Corner Home Medical playing local elite Junior Hockey in the UMHSEHL. In 14 games, he picked up one goal and five assists for six points. Peart is committed to playing NCAA Division One hockey for the St. Cloud State University Huskies next season.

2021 NHL Draft #64: Jack Peart Scouting Report - LWOS

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think this is a very good pick late second. His hockey sense is good, but I think people were overdoing it with suggesting he should've been a first round pick. I didn't see the elite hockey sense for that or good enough tools elsewhere for that.

Reactions: Dominance

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Pretty good start to his NCAA career with 11 pts in 13 games. Perunovich & Goligoski come to mind as 2nd round picks who went on to have terrific NCAA careers.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Always thought that Peart was/is at the top of the second tier of D prospects from 2021 draft class (with Power/Edvinsson/Hughes/Clarke being the first tier).

Ferraro also comes to mind--though Peart likely has slightly more offense and less physicality when he arrives in the NHL.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The 2021 draft of college crop of freshman defenders is pretty stacked. Hughes, Ceulemans, Morrow, Peart, Behrens - all putting up pretty elite numbers…and that’s for anybody let alone teenage defensemen. And that’s not including more defensive or longer term bets like Buium, Johnson, Hreschuk, Munzenburger, Guillaume Richard, etc…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad