LD Guillaume Richard - Tri-City Storm, USHL (2021, 101st, CBJ)

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Really high-end skater with great mobility and puck moving ability. Can carry the puck extremely well. His progress from 13 years old to 15 years old was absolutely incredible. Defensively has always been a bit weak physically, but he has a good enough frame to fill out. I think he has NHL upside.

Transition game and power play are his bread and butter.

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really high-end skater with great mobility and puck moving ability. Can carry the puck extremely well. His progress from 13 years old to 15 years old was absolutely incredible. Defensively has always been a bit weak physically, but he has a good enough frame to fill out. I think he has NHL upside.

Transition game and power play are his bread and butter.

I think he's more potential than a proven commodity at this point. I haven't been that impressed with his actual play between what I saw at the WHC17 (I know he had 6 points in 6 games, but that was a very quiet 6 points) last year and in the USHL this season.

He's going to need significant development time to improve his decision making, his defense, and turn his offensive potential into more points. The tools are there to be an NHL'er, as you said. I think he has middle pairing potential, if he hits his ceiling.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I think he's more potential than a proven commodity at this point. I haven't been that impressed with his actual play between what I saw at the WHC17 (I know he had 6 points in 6 games, but that was a very quiet 6 points) last year and in the USHL this season.

He's going to need significant development time to improve his decision making, his defense, and turn his offensive potential into more points. The tools are there to be an NHL'er, as you said. I think he has middle pairing potential, if he hits his ceiling.
He might only end up being a point man/pp guy, but he’ll play. He’s unreal with the puck, modern day defence man, I think he’s a guy who’s ready at 23-24 though.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
On the Canadian u-18 national team but have not heard much about him. Interesting he chose the atypical route for a Quebec native going the NCAA path .

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
He's alright. Played beside Clarke and it was Clarke who making most of the plays on his D-pair during the exhibition game. I'm exciting to see Richard in the real game, he seems more of an average all-around type rather than having a couple elite tools.

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Decommits from Maine - and is now going to Providence College. Coaching changes at Maine, and his game might have gotten bigger then Maine program now - hence the switch

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Decommits from Maine - and is now going to Providence College. Coaching changes at Maine, and his game might have gotten bigger then Maine program now - hence the switch

Always thought Maine was a weird choice for a player like him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad