LD Bowen Byram - Vancouver Giants, WHL (2019, 4th, COL) Part 2

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I'll save you some time. He's a Chicago(Dach) fan who comes in here very regularly, solely to neg on Byram's stats/potential. Anything good that happens is an empty post with "we'll see!" and then he disappears for a week.

It sounds silly, but I think you can see that multiple people feel this way about him. I mean it's really not a big deal lol, more just having fun with him/poking fun. He's antagonizing in here because, well actually I still haven't figured that one out. He's pretty transparent though with his disdain for BB.

To be fair to GL, he's one of the rare cases of someone who comes in to talk shit after actually watching the player. Most people in here are hit and run artists, but he actually seems invested in prospects. For the record I am not high on Byram but I've only seen recaps, I've never sat there and watched a full game trying to evaluate him. I can kind of understand some of the criticism.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
To be fair to GL, he's one of the rare cases of someone who comes in to talk **** after actually watching the player. Most people in here are hit and run artists, but he actually seems invested in prospects. For the record I am not high on Byram but I've only seen recaps, I've never sat there and watched a full game trying to evaluate him. I can kind of understand some of the criticism.
Uhh...no? Very, very much no.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
To be fair to GL, he's one of the rare cases of someone who comes in to talk **** after actually watching the player. Most people in here are hit and run artists, but he actually seems invested in prospects. For the record I am not high on Byram but I've only seen recaps, I've never sat there and watched a full game trying to evaluate him. I can kind of understand some of the criticism.

Clearly you're not actually understanding what's going on here.

He's literally admitted to not watching him play and just going by the boxscore stats.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Did he? Where did he say that?

very interesting if true

From part 1 of this thread:
bs1ylMx.png

Reactions: Merrrlin

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Reading comments, it seems way too many people place importance on stats to project a player. A defenseman's junior stats are going to reflect the team he's on, how good the PP is, how deep the roster is, and so on. Need to watch the games to get an accurate picture. Even in the pros, you're not getting a lot of points unless you're on the top PP ALL the time. Even then, not that many defensemen get over 60+ pts.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
shame the giants wont make the playoffs this year, he was so good during them last year

upload_2020-2-15_20-50-2.png

Giants are currently in a playoff spot, unless I'm an idiot who doesn't know how WHL seeding works (very possible).

But I'd be cool with the Giants missing the postseason, the sooner we can get Byram out of the WHL the better. Let him join the Eagles in their playoff run and join the Avs in September.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Only 2 teams in the WHL western conference miss playoffs, Giants are 24 points clear of missing the playoffs right now, they're fine.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
What's changed for him recently that's spurned on this production?

The team is playing more offensively. He's only one man so if the team in front of him is struggling and on the defensive alot he plays a safer game unlike what was seen last year where he would just hog the puck and score. He said he wanted to work on his defensive game more this year and as soon as the giants were at risk of missing the playoffs if they kept losing, he took over like everyone who watches him knows he can. He's going to be a special player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->