LD Alexander Romanov (2018, 38th, MTL)

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Hold your horses. He is a defenceman, remember? He was also directly responsible for the 4th goal against giving away the puck two times in a row in the own zone. I bet his gradfather will have a few things to say about this after the game.

oh lord

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Hold your horses. He is a defenceman, remember? He was also directly responsible for the 4th goal against giving away the puck two times in a row in the own zone. I bet his gradfather will have a few things to say about this after the game.

Yeah, but it was 5-3 already and 6 vs 5. Still, nothing to be proud about, but it was a good lesson in not-so-desperate situation.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
God forbid someone critisizes your favorite prospect? He has a lot to learn still which is the norm at his age. Let's not go overreact here like in the post I replied to. He's doing good and it's great Nikitin has a somewhat longer leash on him for his learning process letting him play in those situations, but it's not like he only has bright sides in his game.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Yeah, but it was 5-3 already and 6 vs 5. Still, nothing to be proud about, but it was a good lesson in not-so-desperate situation.
Could have ended in a tie because of that goal too. Learning process for Romanov.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
God forbid someone critisizes your favorite prospect? He has a lot to learn still which is the norm at his age. Let's not go overreact here like in the post I replied to. He's doing good and it's great Nikitin has a somewhat longer leash on him for his learning process letting him play in those situations, but it's not like he only has bright sides in his game.

A 19 years old kid still has a lot to learn? Bust!

Who the hell here said he had nothing to work on?

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
What a fantastic young prospect, I thought he was among the top 2 or 3 defencemen at the entire WJC. Very versatile, smart and has a real hunger to his game that stands out. He could end up in the NHL really soon based on his talent. The grit part of his game reminds me a lot of Duncan Keith.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
What a fantastic young prospect, I thought he was among the top 2 or 3 defencemen at the entire WJC. Very versatile, smart and has a real hunger to his game that stands out. He could end up in the NHL really soon based on his talent. The grit part of his game reminds me a lot of Duncan Keith.
He was literally the best D

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Scored his first goal for CSKA in the KHL a couple hours ago. It was a beauty deviation on his part, so clean and crisp too. No timetable yet for his arrival in the NHL as he needs to finish out his current contract and continue to develop, but he should be a really good NHL defender someday.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
4 points in his last 8 games.

It helps to read at least one or two responses before you ask a question.
4 points in his last 40 games as well.

For 5'11 185 he seemed really strong at the WJC. Strong like an Ox. Does he have much offensive upside? Hows his skating, shot and passing?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
4 points in his last 40 games as well.

For 5'11 185 he seemed really strong at the WJC. Strong like an Ox. Does he have much offensive upside? Hows his skating, shot and passing?

He skates really good, he can pass as well, and his shot is above average. His strongest side is his IQ, though.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Boom.

Has a bit of Emelin/Kronwall nastiness in his game. Was well covered here, but he must be careful to not put himself out of position too often for a hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad