LD Adam Engstrom - Rogle, SHL (2022, 92nd, MTL)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
he's been the biggest surprise for me as I never heard of him before we drafted him but wow is he crushing it in the SHL.

It's very early but the most exciting thing to me is that we might have actually found a good scout in Sweden, Norlinder, Engstrom plus it was said he pushed for Heineman at the draft. There's finally hope there after many, many, many busts.

Reactions: viceroy

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Modt underrated Habs prospect IMO
Catching fire offensively recently in the SHL for sure.

eng.JPG

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Can someone explain to me why he will be different than Norlinder. So much hype on him early on only to see it fizzle out. No doubting Engstrom, just a question.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Can someone explain to me why he will be different than Norlinder. So much hype on him early on only to see it fizzle out. No doubting Engstrom, just a question.

Norlinder is still one of the Habs top 15 prospects imo, he's taken time to adjust to the smaller ice and he's missed a lot of time to injury.

But whatever Norlinder does or doesn't do, has zero impact on what Engstrom does or doesn't do.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I am not a Habs fan, but I have stated I think Engstrom was one of the most under-rated D in last year's draft. So I will give my explanation.

Engstrom was playing in the SHL before he turned 19, Norlinder didn't make the SHL until several months after he was 20. Engstrom has been used as both a defense-first and offense-leaning D. Last year in juniors he was on a team with tons of offense, he was definitely the "steady" presence on the blue line. Then in the playoffs and after he acclimated to the SHL he has displayed significant skill in the offensive zone. Norlinder is shiftier but I don't think he succeeds as a defense-first type. Engstrom could develop into a left-shot version of Marino or, best-case, similar to Lindell.

Last edited:

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Norlinder is still one of the Habs top 15 prospects imo, he's taken time to adjust to the smaller ice and he's missed a lot of time to injury.

But whatever Norlinder does or doesn't do, has zero impact on what Engstrom does or doesn't do.
Lol yes I’m aware Norlinder has no effect on Engstrom.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00