GDT: Lazy GDT: 2/17/18 - Capitals @ TankHawks 7:30 CT on WGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
yes so rip that band aid off and expose the wounds already, the longer they wait the more damage Q inflicts on the team psychological make up and individual psychological make up and to be frank I suspect that its a good probability that Q is doing some permanent damage to players and they will never be the same. That is irresponsible to both the players their families and fans, but the brass just does not give a **** and seems to want to be embarrassed by every team they play during this fiasco and at the same time have coach Q look like he is telling Mcd and Stan to **** off everynight with his lineups.
first, no matter what, they the Bhawks have to wait for the season to end.

second, if as many fans on this site suspect, the next HC is playing in RFD. they, the FO can't make i would imagine to make the natural announcement until the end of season.

third, the unthinkable happen, right under the nose of everyone in the FO, except for the fans, the team just became plain and simple ordinary.

fourth, why ruin any chance of improving by screwing up the draft possible selection.

finally, the dye is cast, as Caesar once famously said, this whole adventure the Bhawks org is on, since reaching the top of the nhl in the last 3rd cup run, it needs to reach its finality.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Man, some of you are coming across as really selfish bandwagoners ungrateful of anything this organization has done for your lives these past 10 years and unwilling to admit how good you have had it.
it not that they are unselfish, it is anger in some like me, that major screw up by the FO lead this org to where it is.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Man, some of you are coming across as really selfish bandwagoners ungrateful of anything this organization has done for your lives these past 10 years and unwilling to admit how good you have had it.

do you expect that all fans should accept the fact that the players, coaches and management are actively accepting the fact that they suck balls, give little effort (and very well may be purposely being doing so) and are consciously making the decision to be ok with that?

Its no big deal, we won 3 cups in 8 years and that buys us XXX amount of years shitting the bed, thats disgusting

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
first, no matter what, they the Bhawks have to wait for the season to end.

second, if as many fans on this site suspect, the next HC is playing in RFD. they, the FO can't make i would imagine to make the natural announcement until the end of season.

third, the unthinkable happen, right under the nose of everyone in the FO, except for the fans, the team just became plain and simple ordinary.

fourth, why ruin any chance of improving by screwing up the draft possible selection.

finally, the dye is cast, as Caesar once famously said, this whole adventure the Bhawks org is on, since reaching the top of the nhl in the last 3rd cup run, it needs to reach its finality.

why is this?
does someone have a gun to their head saying you can't do anything to improve?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
why is this?

Does someone have a gun to other teams GM saying they cant help Blackhawks to improve?

Changing Q now is irrelevant for this season or the next.

do you expect that all fans should accept the fact that the players, coaches and management are actively accepting the fact that they suck balls, give little effort (and very well may be purposely being doing so) and are consciously making the decision to be ok with that?

Its no big deal, we won 3 cups in 8 years and that buys us XXX amount of years ****ting the bed, thats disgusting

This post makes me actually vomit. You clearly have no clue.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
It’s going to be loooong years in these Boards waiting that Toews contract to expire if he doesnt rebound. Most likely not so I’m glad we have these whiners here who see the big picture, knows how multimillion sports business works and just are oracles or something. I dont know.

Happy game everybody, lets do our best.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
it not that they are unselfish, it is anger in some like me, that major screw up by the FO lead this org to where it is.

Yeah, we're all angry. I literally had several sleepless nights over this team missing the playoffs a couple weeks ago. It is what it is at this point. Bitching about it and hoping to teach the organization a lesson by not watching/attending games is the wrong attitude to have.

Its no big deal, we won 3 cups in 8 years and that buys us XXX amount of years ****ting the bed, thats disgusting

Success does this to franchises. It makes core players cost more to retain. Makes it harder to part ways with players and coaches that have been large parts to a team's success. Makes you get mediocre draft picks every season.

Every successful franchise goes through this. Some can come out of it in relatively good shape (LA, Boston, Tampa as recent examples), while others falter for years. All we can do now is hope that we're closer to the former, rather than the latter.

But bitching about it on a forum to a bunch of people who are already mad about how things have shaken out this year does nothing to improve the team for the future. You want to help? Write Bowman a letter with your grievances.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
why is this?
just like anything and everything, it all comes or will come in the proper time and no one can rush the process.

the procedure of the process is with the FO and nothing can be done about that.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
It’s going to be loooong years in these Boards waiting that Toews contract to expire if he doesnt rebound. Most likely not so I’m glad we have these whiners here who see the big picture, knows how multimillion sports business works and just are oracles or something. I dont know.

Happy game everybody, lets do our best.

That's the problem migi, if the Hawks players, coaches and mgmnt were doing their best, the Hawks would not be where they are.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Yeah, we're all angry. I literally had several sleepless nights over this team missing the playoffs a couple weeks ago. It is what it is at this point. *****ing about it and hoping to teach the organization a lesson by not watching/attending games is the wrong attitude to have

Success does this to franchises. It makes core players cost more to retain. Makes it harder to part ways with players and coaches that have been large parts to a team's success. Makes you get mediocre draft picks every season.

Every successful franchise goes through this. Some can come out of it in relatively good shape (LA, Boston, Tampa as recent examples), while others falter for years. All we can do now is hope that we're closer to the former, rather than the latter.

But *****ing about it on a forum to a bunch of people who are already mad about how things have shaken out this year does nothing to improve the team for the future. You want to help? Write Bowman a letter with your grievances.

I wrote the letter already and it was too mcd not Stan.

Actively doing nothing to improve imo is morally reprehensible

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
They have not done anything to rectify the issues that we can see. If it is a process then why wait, the longer they do chances are some players will never recover the potential they had as a result of the damage that is being done every day that they wait.

so if the longer term goal is a few years to fix; why are they not starting that process now or a week or a month or months ago with the biggest problem? Do the hawks brass expect fans to be OKAY with the fact that the mgmt. is sitting on its hands so that the team sucks balls when its really simple to fix the biggest problem and that has a chance to improve things.

yes so rip that band aid off and expose the wounds already, the longer they wait the more damage Q inflicts on the team psychological make up and individual psychological make up and to be frank I suspect that its a good probability that Q is doing some permanent damage to players and they will never be the same. That is irresponsible to both the players their families and fans, but the brass just does not give a **** and seems to want to be embarrassed by every team they play during this fiasco and at the same time have coach Q look like he is telling Mcd and Stan to **** off everynight with his lineups.

I'm not understanding what you think they could do in the middle of February.

Reactions: LarmerHOF and migi

migi

Feb 25, 2015
That's the problem migi, if the Hawks players, coaches and mgmnt were doing their best, the Hawks would not be where they are.

So they really should be oracles?

I hope you do realize that this is the circle of life in cap era and how sports works. And that there are 30 other teams too..

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah, we're all angry. I literally had several sleepless nights over this team missing the playoffs a couple weeks ago. It is what it is at this point. *****ing about it and hoping to teach the organization a lesson by not watching/attending games is the wrong attitude to have.

your post, no offense is beyond my simple thought process. bottom line, i have no response to this. nice job. i for one will be watching and yes hoping for a win. i can't help this, maybe it is old school or maybe it was me watching mediocre Bhawks team all those yrs.

But *****ing about it on a forum to a bunch of people who are already mad about how things have shaken out this year does nothing to improve the team for the future. You want to help? Write Bowman a letter with your grievances.

bs, the success of the team is one thing, screwing up by the fo and not having the inkling that the main core will get older and will start their decline. instead they, the fo had to fix their screw up and yes at the time having to give up assets to fix it.

do you really think a letter will do anything those in the fo will laugh at that letter.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Change coaches, work on deleting the team of the cancer that had crept into the team and individuals. Some of you think that the end of the season will come they will have a new coach and all will be well.

Likely case is that the damage being done daily over the past months will take much much over to fix if it gets fixed at all

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Change coaches, work on deleting the team of the cancer that had crept into the team and individuals. Some of you think that the end of the season will come they will have a new coach and all will be well.

Likely case is that the damage being done daily over the past months will take much much over to fix if it gets fixed at all
Why do people act like their ideas have some proof tested yes this works despite examples constantly of all different amount of approaches working in sports.

To wait out all season or fire and make sell of prospects to make hopeful moves does not change much or impact possibility of success more. Like Ottawa moves will not more likely help than having waited to trade Phaeuff

Reactions: migi

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Nobody needs to be a freaking Oracle migi, try getting a new leader, try getting players to want to come to the rink and try again. It's not complicated

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
bs, the success of the team is one thing, screwing up by the fo and not having the inkling that the main core will get older and will start their decline. instead they, the fo had to fix their screw up and yes at the time having to give up assets to fix it.

do you really think a letter will do anything those in the fo will laugh at that letter.
First of all, the letter was sarcasm. You do know what sarcasm is, right?

Secondly, you make it seem so easy to replace the core players with cheaper players. Did you forget where we've been drafting all these years? How do you replace a guy like Toews? Answer: You don't. You sign him for what he wants and cross your damn fingers that he stays at a 60-70pt place for most of that contract. Didn't happen, deal with it.

Same for Seabrook. It was a bad contract. But Stephen Johns wasn't a sure thing. Pokka flamed out. Bowman took the chance on Seabrook staying at a top 2-3 dman level for the next several years, because we didn't have a clear answer waiting in Rockford. Again, because we're not drafting in the top 10 each and every year.

It's the cost of success. The franchise can, if they're lucky, get out of it. But shit isn't easy. Why be naive and pretend it is?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
First of all, the letter was sarcasm. You do know what sarcasm is, right?

Secondly, you make it seem so easy to replace the core players with cheaper players. Did you forget where we've been drafting all these years? How do you replace a guy like Toews? Answer: You don't. You sign him for what he wants and cross your damn fingers that he stays at a 60-70pt place for most of that contract. Didn't happen, deal with it.

Same for Seabrook. It was a bad contract. But Stephen Johns wasn't a sure thing. Pokka flamed out. Bowman took the chance on Seabrook staying at a top 2-3 dman level for the next several years, because we didn't have a clear answer waiting in Rockford. Again, because we're not drafting in the top 10 each and every year.

It's the cost of success. The franchise can, if they're lucky, get out of it. But **** isn't easy. Why be naive and pretend it is?

You do realize that making a change in coaching and systems could lead to helping struggling players right?

Ding nothing is not the only option

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
First of all, the letter was sarcasm. You do know what sarcasm is, right? lol, well yeah i hate to say i really am bad on sarcasm .

It's the cost of success. The franchise can, if they're lucky, get out of it. But **** isn't easy. Why be naive and pretend it is?
ref to replacing the team players , you are right about the quality of the main stars like toews and kane, they are once in a life time or generational kind of a players. but when i am talking about assets, i was referring to draft picks. pick and chose which players to trade to pick up draft picks.

ref to pokka and s. johns, i am with you on the sure thing thought process. however it still doesn't soften the reason on why johns was traded, ref to pokka, no one can blame anyone for that. except ask the question on why not get a couple of draft picks instead.

seabs, this is the fo position for over paying thru the amount of yrs of the contract. seabs contract is not for several yrs as you mention but a lot longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad