Lazar & Puempel Chemistry

SensTopLine

Mar 6, 2013
Quebec (Province of)
As thought of, they've paired them up with I don't remember who during the rookie tournament. Is it a possibility of the two being paired on the same line because their ceiling is just slightly higher than the other prospects? They're both former 1st rounders in their respective draft years and it reminds me of one day in the years to come, our version of Getzlaf & Perry? Richards & Carter? Not saying Lazar & Puempel will be better than them but who knows how much better they'd become when they'll reach the age of when Getzlaf & Perry were when they won the Cup. A good pair though to build around if we're talking about the two Ducks players, Richards/ Carter, Toews/ Kane, etc.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
They did seem to hit it off. Maybe we'll get to see more of that at camp and in the NHL preseason and get a better gauge. Puempel looked really good. He's going to push someone out of an NHL spot by next season if not this one.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Lazar seemed just okay in this tournament

he will have to be better if he wants to make the nhl team.

Puemple looks like he is almost rdy

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I think Lazar bulked up too much and too fast. He didn't seem to have much jump in that Toronto game (although he did get chances). He would do the same move going up the boards, but didn't seem able to make his way to the front of the net..a lot of north-south skating, basic meat 'n potatoes stuff. He needs to show a bit more different looks and skills in his game.

Hopefully Puempel will show enough in camp to get a few games. He seems to have taken the next step....but it's hard to tell against competition where 80%+ won't be NHLers this year.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Puempel-Zibanejad-Lazar future line :)

Each player seems to bring a different element, I can definitely see the chemistry! I like it, before we get carried away comparing them to the superstars in the first post this would be a fantastic second line in a couple of seasons.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
the biggest problem ottawa will have is obtaining high end talent. We lost Spezza heatley chara over the years and now we only really have Karlsson and Ryan (who isnt as good as the names mentioned before) and maybe Lehner

Ottawa has a good foundation of young talent who will provide us with quality depth. The question how do we get that game breaking talent upfront

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007

I'm not usually one for making excuses for players, but he did just come off a very long year.

I think he'll be fine. Can't go wrong with having him in the NHL or WHL this year IMO.

Seeing the chemistry between Puempel and Lazar is very encouraging. I think Puempel is going to surprise people at the next level.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Agreed ... I think Lazar will be returned to junior because of the roster numbers & Puempel will likely start the yr in Bingo but if Hoffman doesn`t get off to a good start they could callup Puempel to replace him or move Smith over.

I really liked that Mcormick - Dzingel - Thompson line, I thought they were the best line in all three games especially against Toronto & Chicago when McCormik joined that line. I haven`t heard very much about Thompson before this tournament but he has good size, can skate pretty fast, is good defensively, hits & has some offense to his game. I also really liked the two Ohio State players McCormick & Dzigel, they seem to have a lot of chemistry having played together for the Buckeyes. On defence, I thouht Harpur played really well & may be closer than people think, while I think he will be returned to junior he has the potential to challenge for a roster spot next season depending on the numbers defensively.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Puempel-Zibanejad-Lazar future line :)

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Puempel-Zibanejad-Lazar
Chiasson-Smith-Stone
McCormick-Dzingel-Pageau

What about Michalek, Hoffman, Prince, Paul, Guptill, Schneider, Robinson, Dunn, Lindberg, etc.

the biggest problem ottawa will have is obtaining high end talent. We lost Spezza heatley chara over the years and now we only really have Karlsson and Ryan (who isnt as good as the names mentioned before) and maybe Lehner

Ottawa has a good foundation of young talent who will provide us with quality depth. The question how do we get that game breaking talent upfront

That's true, however we have no idea of the future and how players develop. I have witnessed over the years so many players came "out of nowhere" to become stars. It's a possibility for a number of guys, mainly Ceci, Lazar, Puempel, Turris, Zibanejad, Guptill... Not counting them to become the biggest stars of the league but star potential is there. Thing is we only need 1 or 2 to boom.

Last edited:

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I would not mind a

Hoffman - Pageau - Lazar 4th line for the first 9 games. Give them a chance to feel things out and see what we've got.

Put Condra or Greening into a (Methot?) package for Ellis and a pick out of Nashville

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
I would not mind a

Hoffman - Pageau - Lazar 4th line for the first 9 games. Give them a chance to feel things out and see what we've got.

Put Condra or Greening into a (Methot?) package for Ellis and a pick out of Nashville

5 ft 10 in (178 cm)
Weight 178 lb (79 kg; 12 st 7 lb)

2013-14 Nashville Predators NHL 80 6 21 27 24

What's so special about Ellis that can't be done by Ceci or Wiercioch?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad