Lawyers ruining hockey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

membleypeg

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Look at who is running both sides of this negotiation.

NHL - Bettman, Daly, henchman
PA - Goodenough, Saskin, henchman

Is it any wonder that we are in a stalemate (all lawyers). This is the way lawyers work. They are trained to use every tactic under the legal guidelines that they can to win a result for their clients. They don't give one crap about hockey.

These are the same leaches that suck the blood out of society in all walks of life. They prosper from controversy, and relish the idea of dragging out the results of a negotiation (they make more money). You can be sure that they are more worried about their pesonal standing after this resolution, than any plight of the fans. You see, whoever is perceived to win this deal will be able to chalk it up on the resume, and command a higher price tag for his next negotiation.

Get rid of the scummy lawyers. Put Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux (hockey people from the owners side) into a room with the player reps. I guarantee you that they will have the framework for a deal within a day. Then you can hire the $1000/hour lawyers to dot the I's on the contract language.

Get lawyers out of the power broker positions in hockey. Maybe then the fans can have hockey. Players are not an unreasonable lot and will listen to hockey people.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Al Strachan was making a similiar comment on a Sportsnet program with Jim Hughson.

I have to agree somewhat. The vision of the league seems to have gotten away from providing the fans with an entertaining game. A commisioner should be more than just a glossy suit, it should be someone who has alot of passion for the sport. And one would hope that the heads of the NHLPA would be able to look at the big picture, instead of just maximizing salaries and benefits.

This isn't unique to hockey though. It would just be good to see people at the top who cared more about the game then the current group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad