Value of: Lawson Crouse

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
More than he’s “worth” based on what he’s done so far. Probably a clear cut better prospect to make it worth it.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
He’s a project I think the leafs would be willing to take on

Idk what it would take though

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Crouse will get a bunch of NHL games this year at some point. He has a reputation for being an incredibly hard worker and setting the tone for work ethic among other young players. And he took on more of a leading role in the AHL playoffs because of injuries, and did really well.

He's got to beat Fasching for a job in camp, IMO. Fasching is right-handed and out of waiver exemptions, so he has the edge going in.

I think Crouse could be pried away in a package for a young player. He has competition for 4th pairing minutes in Cousins and Bunting now and there are other wingers in the pipeline. But there's a feel that he's a candidate to break through, so I think he's still pretty highly valued by the club.

Reactions: iSophagus

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Crouse will get a bunch of NHL games this year at some point. He has a reputation for being an incredibly hard worker and setting the tone for work ethic among other young players. And he took on more of a leading role in the AHL playoffs because of injuries, and did really well.

He's got to beat Fasching for a job in camp, IMO. Fasching is right-handed and out of waiver exemptions, so he has the edge going in.

I think Crouse could be pried away in a package for a young player. He has competition for 4th pairing minutes in Cousins and Bunting now and there are other wingers in the pipeline. But there's a feel that he's a candidate to break through, so I think he's still pretty highly valued by the club.

I agree completely. Good take.

I agree that he could possibly go as part of a package, but it wouldn't have to be for a young player. If there's trade talks about Pacioretty or Simmonds, Crouse could be sent the other way no problem.

member 157595

Dave Tippett, who probably dreams of Kyle Chipchura at night, rushed him. Arizona's trying to repair that damage. Don't think they want to move him and it's doubtful someone overpays for him based on what he's shown thus far.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
mid-late round pick so it's best to just keep him and hopes he isn't a bust but he probably is.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Leave it to the Panthers to draft this guy in the 1st round who's a complete bust.

Serron Noel is another one we just drafted who's gonna be hot garbage.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I agree completely. Good take.

I agree that he could possibly go as part of a package, but it wouldn't have to be for a young player. If there's trade talks about Pacioretty or Simmonds, Crouse could be sent the other way no problem.
Problem is cost in $. To afford MaxPac, the Coyotes would have to involve Panik, who put up the same ppg for half the cost. Similarly with Simmonds. Acquiring guys with 1 year left means Coyotes would need to sign an extension, which would probably make affording their RFAs next year difficult (Dvorak, Chychrun, Perlini and Crouse). A young player with cost control would be a different story.

I want the Oilers to give Lawson a chance.
Anything around Lucic a first for Crouse ? :)
I'm not sure what to make of the Lucic to AZ rumors, mostly because of the contract and how broke the Yotes are.
I honestly think comparing Crouse and Puljujarvi in their development trajectories is pretty interesting. Coyotes shouldn't have put Crouse in NHL in his D+2, but I think Oilers burned a year by having JP in NHL past 9 in his D+1. Crouse is a year older, but they're both 2 years deep into their ELC and need strong campaigns to argue for their bridge deals. Big dudes that their clubs probably should have been a little more patient with, but got too excited about.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
given that Arizona is maxed out on number of contract maybe a pick. Would think there are other players the Coyotes would get rid of first

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Problem is cost in $. To afford MaxPac, the Coyotes would have to involve Panik, who put up the same ppg for half the cost. Similarly with Simmonds. Acquiring guys with 1 year left means Coyotes would need to sign an extension, which would probably make affording their RFAs next year difficult (Dvorak, Chychrun, Perlini and Crouse). A young player with cost control would be a different story.

I'm not sure what to make of the Lucic to AZ rumors, mostly because of the contract and how broke the Yotes are.
I honestly think comparing Crouse and Puljujarvi in their development trajectories is pretty interesting. Coyotes shouldn't have put Crouse in NHL in his D+2, but I think Oilers burned a year by having JP in NHL past 9 in his D+1. Crouse is a year older, but they're both 2 years deep into their ELC and need strong campaigns to argue for their bridge deals. Big dudes that their clubs probably should have been a little more patient with, but got too excited about.

given lucic's signing bonus has already been paid this year of $3.5M he is only owed $3.5M more this year. After this year his take home goes down so he may not be priced out of Arizona's range.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010

Ya, I hear you on the budget. I follow the Coyotes a lot, but don't know too much about the financial limits behind the scenes. They're a budget team, but what is that budget? Because they were willing to spend money on Raanta and Grabner and some others this offseason, not to mention OEL. So is the wallet opening more recently? Or has it already been shaken upside down?

I just feel like there's a clear need for an experienced, goal scoring winger on the roster. Be it Patches, Simmonds, Lucic, or someone else, they need to add.

I totally agree that sending Panik the other way in any deal doesn't help matters.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Leave it to the Panthers to draft this guy in the 1st round who's a complete bust.

Panthers got back A 3rd in 2017 and a 2nd in 2018. Both high picks in their respective rounds.

Overall, Likely doesn’t seem as good now for AZ to get what most would say now projects to be a big body 3rd line type guy. Seemed like a steal by AZ at the time.

Depends on how fla did on those picks.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010

He reminds me of what Leaf fans were saying about Zack Hyman a few years ago.
Babs would talk every day of training camp about Hyman as the example for other young guys. Always doing what he was told, if he needed to correct something it only took being told once.

As a Leaf fan id be ok trading Connor Brown (+-) for a guy like him.

Higher upside if Crouse hits his potential but Brown is currently the better player who has shown he can be a good 3rd liner if given the minutes.
Wouldn't mind the Leafs rolling the dice, adding some more size and snarl on the wings and with their depth they wouldn't need to rush him at all.
For us Brown is being pushed down the lineup by Marner Nylander and IMO Kapannen (mostly because he is a PK beast)

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

Tallon panicked after Rantanen went at pick 10 to the Avs.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Big guys typically develop slower. Crouse still just 21. I suspect he will still develop into a solid NHL'er........likely not a first liner but a big middle 6 forward who can provide physical play and chip in 15-20 goals. Probably best for Arizona to hold on to him for the time being.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If he can skate I'll take him on the Oil. Put Nuge on rw and have Crouse digging up the pucks and playing the puck retrieval game. Or put him on Drais wing along with Pulju and roll out the big boy line.

Lucic + 1st? Arizona could use a tough veteran presence for the room and the ice. You could send us Panik or Bollands contract back for the cap hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad