Recalled/Assigned: Lawson Crouse assigned to the AHL

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
He wasn't playing bad, but he was absolutely gassed at the end of every shift. I love Crouse's game and Ithink he'll be more than a 3rd line grinder, but the man needs to work on his cardio.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Very true. Same with Strome who, strangely, looked like he was always trying to get off the ice.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Tucson is playing in Grand Rapids tonight.

Flying all the way to the east coast to be a healthy scratch Tuesday is not an inconvience since Crouse could meet up with Tucson in Grand Rapids for the game tonight.

Its prefect timing because Tucson is on the road and Perlini comes back.
Ah that makes more sense thanks.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Crouse - Strome - Merkley for Cunningham's jersey retirement game on Friday please! Pretty excited to see if that line can light it up Friday-Saturday!

Reactions: rt

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Might as well send more of the youth down and sign more waiver fodder. Obviously our coaching staff can't handle developing what we have on the roster right now. I thought that was supposed to be a strength of the new staff but they don't seem to be any better at it than the previous crew. Tocc keeps talking about how hard it is to win and players being gassed. Maybe the coaches aren't putting in enough effort either. The roster moves and line structure are more disappointing than the losses to me especially because they aren't leading to anything more than additional Ls. Keep adding from the scrap heap though. We know what that accomplishes; just enough wins to get a bad draft pick. That's the only thing this organization is extremely consistent at.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
I'm fine with this. Crouse was alright, lot's of hustle and physical play, not much more than that thought. And does not bring much more than Rinaldo does. It's not what we want Crouse to be developing into. Let him get some top line minutes in Tucson, bring him up only if there are no other options.

Still want Strome in the big club though..

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think this is a good move, although I'm expecting some heat from folks who would rather have seen Kempe go down... :D

I have mixed feeling about this, but with Rinadlo on the team they probably thought it would be better for Crouse to get more minutes in Tucson. Kempe and Cousins have played pretty good and would be good on a fourth line for a contending team, but for a rebuilding team I would rather have Strome and Crouse in the lineup and continue to develop and boot the others to the curb.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
My boy Crouse!!! I'm going to miss you!

But seriously, I hope he can get some good minutes and try to find a bit of scoring touch. I do think he's an effective player.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
He is what he is - a huge body and force along the boards, fast for his size, a fine defender, with no scoring ability whatsoever. He is an excellent 3rd liner. His skillset is limited but he excels at what he can do.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I have mixed feeling about this, but with Rinadlo on the team they probably thought it would be better for Crouse to get more minutes in Tucson. Kempe and Cousins have played pretty good and would be good on a fourth line for a contending team, but for a rebuilding team I would rather have Strome and Crouse in the lineup and continue to develop and boot the others to the curb.

Never a good idea to keep your top prospects on a losing team. Build a winning team or let them score in the minors until the trade deadline...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad