Lawrence Pilut vs Timothy Liljegren

Lawrence Pilut vs Timothy Liljegren

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
First: who the heck is that??!! Obviously Lilly.

*looks at hdb* wow, that's crazy. Good for him shooting up like that!

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Development isn't linear.

Just because Pilut is 4 years older and Lilly will make it well before his age doesn't mean he will become substantially better guaranteed.

I would still bet on Lilly, but Pilut is very impressive and both I think will become top-4 D.

SHL defenseman of the year followed up by the rookie camp he had in Buffalo (he showed he would clearly be one of Buffalo's best D already *I know not saying much*). Then this start in the AHL. People will know his name soon enough.

Reactions: Elvs

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Never heard of Pilut, but he led his SHL team in scoring last season, so he's obviously good, just a late bloomer. I'd put as much faith in him producing at his current pace as I would Morgan Rielly, though.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Never heard of Pilut but wow great start for him. Just wondering, why hasn't he been called up to the sabres if he's looked so good?

Reactions: Pyrophorus

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Funnily enough, I know who Pilut is because of EHM -- I signed him out of Sweden and he ended up becoming my captain. But... back on topic.

One is 4 years older bud.

If Timmy is still in the AHL in 4 years he will be a bust. Thats how out to lunch this poll is.
I spend most of my time in the team boards. First trip to the main boards in a while and I see this post. HF's gonna HF, I guess. :confused:

I have to vote pedigree here because I haven't seen Pilut play, which kinda sucks. Because pedigree is a horrible way to rate players.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Never heard of Pilut but wow great start for him. Just wondering, why hasn't he been called up to the sabres if he's looked so good?

The Sabres want to give him some development time down there. I can't imagine that is more than a month or 2 if he keeps it up.

He was clearly one of the Sabres best D in pre-season and snubbed of a roster spot. Probably should be playing top-4 minutes for us if it was based on their play alone.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Are you a Bolts fan or a Leafs fan? I can never tell...

Regardless if Sabres fans are right about the player he's been, then I don't see why it can't be comparable.
I’m a Bolts fan. I just don’t irrationally hate the leafs. Pilut is good especially offensively and I definitely see top-4 upside in him but I could see Lilypad become a top pair guy for sure if he hits his own upside.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->