Recalled/Assigned: Lawrence Pilut emergency recall (3/24/19)

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Sure would be fun to see what the kids could do as a pairing.
Phil is far too conservative in his approach to do something that risky. The thing is, it would be very likely to work.

That said, spreading out the guys who can actually move pucks up the ice and have a good first pass would be ideal. Bogo/Scandella is a very solid NHL third pairing.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
If Hunwick gets sent to Roch on a conditioning stint does that count against the 23-man limit
Searching and finding a post from user / moderator @mouser a couple years ago, if a player is on LTIR without the club electing to use the LTIR cap exception, the player is eligible (yet must personally consent per the CBA) to being sent down for a conditioning assignment, and still counts against the cap. I assume the 23-man limit is always in force. If you mean does he count against BUF's 23-man limit, I would say no, because he has been assigned. He would count against ROC's limit.
See post #352 in Waived: - 2016-17 Waivers Thread
McCabe - Risto
Pilut - Dahlin
Scandella - Bogo
:thumbu:

Sure would be fun to see what the kids could do as a pairing.

In offseason I argued for:
Scandella - Risto
Pilut - Dahlin
McCabe - Bogo

Given YTD performance, @darcyRegier's pairings are the best option, in particular if the minutes aren't going to be even-split. More evenly-split the minutes and I'd go with my version.

Scandella deserves an opportunity to fix whatever's wrong (injury, mental health / concentration, whatever). I'm not sure I'd look to move him "now", unless an acquisition to upgrade center depth is planned. Two reasons:
1. Sabres would be selling low.
2. If it's one lesson we've learned over and over, is you can never have enough D-depth, and especially top-4 capable d-depth.

Reactions: darcyRegier

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
If Hunwick gets sent to Roch on a conditioning stint does that count against the 23-man limit

If a player on LTIR consents to a LTIR Conditioning Loan then they don't count against the 23 player roster limit. Note: Hunwick is on LTIR, even though CF only lists it as IR. CF tends to use "LTIR" as a shortcut for only when a LTIR Exception has been invoked, which is a simplified though technically inaccurate use of the term.

Players on regular IR, or not on IR can consent to Conditioning Loans as well, but they continue to count against the 23 player roster limit in those cases.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Enstrom 2.0.
yep, I got to see Toby live hundreds of times being a former Thrashers season ticket holder and the similarities are striking. Same size and skating ability, sneaky stick work, how he uses his body and positioning to rub out plays along the boards and behind the net, head always up looking for the up ice pass out of the zone. Not sure if he'll ever approach 50pts like Toby did a few times, but he should easily be a 30-40pt guy if he gets some PP time moving forward. Exciting to have a player of that ilk on this club, what a great find.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Searching and finding a post from user / moderator @mouser a couple years ago, if a player is on LTIR without the club electing to use the LTIR cap exception, the player is eligible (yet must personally consent per the CBA) to being sent down for a conditioning assignment, and still counts against the cap. I assume the 23-man limit is always in force. If you mean does he count against BUF's 23-man limit, I would say no, because he has been assigned. He would count against ROC's limit.
See post #352 in Waived: - 2016-17 Waivers Thread

In offseason I argued for:
Scandella - Risto
Pilut - Dahlin
McCabe - Bogo

Given YTD performance, @darcyRegier's pairings are the best option, in particular if the minutes aren't going to be even-split. More evenly-split the minutes and I'd go with my version.

Scandella deserves an opportunity to fix whatever's wrong (injury, mental health / concentration, whatever). I'm not sure I'd look to move him "now", unless an acquisition to upgrade center depth is planned. Two reasons:
1. Sabres would be selling low.
2. If it's one lesson we've learned over and over, is you can never have enough D-depth, and especially top-4 capable d-depth.

He shouldn’t play over Pilut. However that comes to pass I’m good with it.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Hey, remember last year when one injury meant that Justin Falk would play major minutes? :biglaugh:

(Love this kid, this year is so much better)

Reactions: sabrebuild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->