Laviolette Loses Bet, Hilarity Ensues

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
The players definitely got a kick out of it. Much like the Christmas suit bet from last season.
Don't be surprised if some fans come to the Bridge wearing these at future games.

X9Da4YAB
I ordered one this morning.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I'm so old that I spawned out of a lava pool during the Hadean eon instead of being born, celebrated a birthday in the late Carboniferous with a feast of arthropods, was a noted hunter of the lystrosaurus during the early Triassic, and fished for cetaceans during the Paleogene.

Goddamn. You're a fossil.

I should have spotted that.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Principe sounds cranky about it. Likely jealous.

Where did you get that Principe was cranky about it? Gene loves these types of things, he loves props and puns. I think you are looking for something that isn't there.

I thought it was a great idea... a fun motivation... a guy who is usually pretty serious (Laviolette) honors his bet... the players loved it - gain new respect for the coach. Great idea!

Reactions: RegDunlop

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I'm so old that I spawned out of a lava pool during the Hadean eon instead of being born, celebrated a birthday in the late Carboniferous with a feast of arthropods, was a noted hunter of the lystrosaurus during the early Triassic, and fished for cetaceans during the Paleogene.

I'm so old I have no f ing idea what you said

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
So the best team in hockey needed motivation in beating some non-playoff teams on the road early in the season? I can see it if they were actually playing anyone good, but from a coach’s perspective you’d think he want to save the ‘extra’ motivation for some time a little more critical.

Good stuff though. Loose club, obviously.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
You loose in a shutout and the winning coach comes out in costume. Yeah probably not that funny for the losers.
I hope the Oilers beat them on Saturday (27.10.2018). If I was on the Oilers this would be huge motivation to dismantle and embarrass them ASAP.

*winds up Kassian*
kassian-smile.gif

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
You loose in a shutout and the winning coach comes out in costume. Yeah probably not that funny for the losers.
I hope the Oilers beat them on Saturday (27.10.2018). If I was on the Oilers this would be huge motivation to dismantle and embarrass them ASAP.

*winds up Kassian*
kassian-smile.gif
Seriously, you must be the life of the party...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad