Confirmed with Link: Laval signings

Jul 6, 2016
Stop whinning !

This guy will be a solid centerman at AHL level. He's even got some KHL experience and is only 21.

Reactions: dralaf

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Agostino is a great get for Laval, he can be one of the top players in the league. Chaput is decent as well.

when Habs signed Froese and the other guy Holland last offseason ...everyone said good Laval signings.....NOPE...lol

You can book seeing these 2 on the Habs at some point..

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Have to wonder if Buffalo is calling about moving O'Reilly before his $7.5 mil. bonus gets cashed tonight? Roster player & a 2nd in 2019 & 2020 perhaps.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
when Habs signed Froese and the other guy Holland last offseason ...everyone said good Laval signings.....NOPE...lol

You can book seeing these 2 on the Habs at some point..

Agostino is Terry's replacement. Chaput is Cracknell's replacement. Both Terry and Cracknell spent the whole year in the AHL.

Agostino is a younger Terry.
Chaput is a younger Cracknell.
Grenier and Belzile are upgrades on Boucher/Grégoire.
Evans/Vejdemo/Alain/Bitten/Verbeek/Pezzeta are upgrades on Petti/Eisenchmid/Ebbing/Broll and the billion try-outs we had.

Ouellet is a better Gélinas.
Moravcik/Sklenicka/Lamarche/Culkin/Melancon are upgrades on Parisi/Leblanc/Bourque and the billion try-outs we had.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Agostino is Terry's replacement. Chaput is Cracknell's replacement. Both Terry and Cracknell spent the whole year in the AHL.

Agostino is a younger Terry.
Chaput is a younger Cracknell.
Grenier and Belzile are upgrades on Boucher/Grégoire.
Evans/Vejdemo/Alain/Bitten/Verbeek/Pezzeta are upgrades on Petti/Eisenchmid/Ebbing/Broll and the billion try-outs we had.

Ouellet is a better Gélinas.
Moravcik/Sklenicka/Lamarche/Culkin/Melancon are upgrades on Parisi/Leblanc/Bourque and the billion try-outs we had.

:thumbu:

Very well said.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I was debating getting season tickets last year, but Sly staying there was the deciding factor. This year I'm thinking hard about it. That team looks like a contender, especially if some of Mete/Juulsen/Froese get sent down.

I followed the team a lot last year. But I never got the chance to go watch a game live. I have yet to step foot in Place Bell. Even with Lefebvre last year, I wanted to find a chance to go. This year, with Bouchard and the much improved roster and the arrival of so many prospects in Evans, Bitten, Alain, Vejdemo, Pezzetta, Verbeek, and some more, I won't make the mistake of missing out on some games this year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Which is pretty stupid. It's two guys I would have even seen in Montreal. I like Cracknell a lot.

But I guess it's a complete clean up with Joel coming in.

Neither Terry or Cracknell had enough to play in Montreal. They were absolutely great for Laval. But at least they have been replaced by Agostino and Chaput.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
I just hope the prospects who have an actual shot at an NHL career will be playing regularly despite all those signings.

I want to go to see the Rocket because I want to see Evans, Vejdemo, Bitten and co. It's all good if all it does is surrounding them better, but I want to see them get enough ice time in the AHL. I don't want to see them be sent down to the ECHL in order to keep vets in the AHL.

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I just hope the prospects who have an actual shot at an NHL career will be playing regularly despite all those signings.

I want to go to see the Rocket because I want to see Evans, Vejdemo, Bitten and co. It's all good if all it does is surrounding them better, but I want to see them get enough ice time in the AHL. I don't want to see them be sent down to the ECHL in order to keep vets in the AHL.

You can only have 6 vets on the roster, so they will play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad