GDT: LAVAL ROCKET @ Belleville Sens | Must Win Game! | Fri., Apr. 19, 2024 7PM -- AHLTV

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Well I didn't miss much I see. Laval was never going to win with Maillet centering their top line. That line has been ass ever since they put it together.
The only guys with any offensive instinct get blown off the puck that might be a problem.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Yet, another example of why we need a change in Laval.
Winning in the AHL matters, just ask PK & Carey Price. Whatever?
Wasn’t it Einstein who said something about doing the same thing and expecting a different result?

Yuk!
I miss the 2007-2011 stretch where the Bulldogs were making deep runs, had good prospects and vets and were well coached. The good days.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
I couldn't believe how long it took to bring in a veteran goaltender early in the season. It seemed like an obvious need at least to me. There had to be a few lost points there. It's all hindsight now, I do agree that building a winning culture in Laval is good for the NHL team. Too bad these kids don't get the chance to experience some playoff games.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Fixing the AHL team is going to be one of the biggest priorities in the offseason.. We have a bunch of our top prospects coming up and need to ensure that we give them every chance to succeed.
If they're our top prospects they need to create their chances to succeed.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
It's so disappointing.
At the beginning of the year, I was so excited with the arrival of Roy, Kidney, Davidson, Farrell, Heinemen, Struble and Mailloux. I thought we have a good team. Kidney, Davidson, Farrell and Heinemen have under-performed.

And I don't buy in the fact that we suck because of the injuries or call-ups. I think most of the AHL teams experience that as well. Our teams, parent and farm, both suck. It's just as simple as that. And we have been struggling for years now.

Our prospects keep discouraging me year after year: Mysak, Norlinder, Teasdale, Vejdemo, Fairbrother, Brook, Poehling, Fleury, McCarron, Audette, Lernout, Scherbak etc. etc. etc.

Next year, I'll remind myself not being excited when Beck, Mesar, Tuch, Reinbacher join the team (full-time).

Reactions: The Real Timo

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
The real problem this season was how bad the goaltending was at the beginning of the season (sorry Dobes), and it cost us dearly. I believe they lost 17 of their first 23 games, how are you supposed to come back from that?

I do not understand people who says the roster was poorly constructed or that they lacked the quality AHL vets to win. There was plenty of depth and quality on this team at all position. Andersson, Maillet, Gignac, Stephens, Bourque, Roy, Condotta, Farrell, Heineman, Mailloux, Barron, Xhekaj, Struble, Reinbacher, Norlinder, add in Durandeau, Perreault.

Heck they even had Armia on the team. Like what more do you want?

And they proved how good they were by having a very good record from December onwards, thanks to Dobes/Kaskisuo finally playing good hockey.

It's the goaltending that sank us.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The real problem this season was how bad the goaltending was at the beginning of the season (sorry Dobes), and it cost us dearly. I believe they lost 17 of their first 23 games, how are you supposed to come back from that?

I do not understand people who says the roster was poorly constructed or that they lacked the quality AHL vets to win. There was plenty of depth and quality on this team at all position. Andersson, Maillet, Gignac, Stephens, Bourque, Roy, Condotta, Farrell, Heineman, Mailloux, Barron, Xhekaj, Struble, Reinbacher, Norlinder, add in Durandeau, Perreault.

And they proved how good they were by having a very good record from December onwards, thanks to Dobes/Kaskisuo finally playing good hockey.

Did not realize it was the goaltending............not that I watched many games, because I didn't
Good info............
We certainly can't score goals at the NHL level or the AHL level........let's hope he scores some forwards in this draft boys!!

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

100%

From December 9th onwards, their record was/is 27 W 18L 2 OTL. It was just too much to come back from.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah the early season goaltending didn't help but they still were listless, disorganized, indisiplined and just flat out poorly coached during the games that meant the most at the end of the year.

The PP1 with all the vets sunk them a lot too but Houle wouldn't make adjustments, he loves vets, hates most kids, and if he comes back you might as well write Mesar off.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Goaltending wasn't great, but the defensive effort in front of it made it look way worse on paper than it really was.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Yeah the early season goaltending didn't help but they still were listless, disorganized, indisiplined and just flat out poorly coached during the games that meant the most at the end of the year.

The PP1 with all the vets sunk them a lot too but Houle wouldn't make adjustments, he loves vets, hates most kids, and if he comes back you might as well write Mesar off.

The bolded is one more reason i can't take you're Houle's bashing seriously

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
It's so disappointing.
At the beginning of the year, I was so excited with the arrival of Roy, Kidney, Davidson, Farrell, Heinemen, Struble and Mailloux. I thought we have a good team. Kidney, Davidson, Farrell and Heinemen have under-performed.

And I don't buy in the fact that we suck because of the injuries or call-ups. I think most of the AHL teams experience that as well. Our teams, parent and farm, both suck. It's just as simple as that. And we have been struggling for years now.

Our prospects keep discouraging me year after year: Mysak, Norlinder, Teasdale, Vejdemo, Fairbrother, Brook, Poehling, Fleury, McCarron, Audette, Lernout, Scherbak etc. etc. etc.

Next year, I'll remind myself not being excited when Beck, Mesar, Tuch, Reinbacher join the team (full-time).
YOu should be excited just by the fact that Yoel will continue his glorious play, which is the only thing that makes it worthwhile watching the games.

That was Gainey. He believed in a strong AHL team because he grew up in an organization with that mind set.
Sure. But then he also got us Scott Gomez... for Mcdonough... where did that believe come from?

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
It's so disappointing.

It's like that every year. We tend to overrate prospects.

The truth is there was a very clear lack of talent up front.
Gignac best season was 36 pts before this one. This was by far his best season to date. Maillet and Stephens pretty much produced at the level you should expect.

Then Davidson, Kidney, Heineman, Simoneau and Farrel are simply not NHL caliber prospects. Only such is Roy and produced decently.

It's kind of the same story with the Habs. Very good D prospects awful forwards and rely on your goalies to win games

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Why is that so difficult to comprehend - the job of the AHL team is to develop & graduate players to mothership Habs.

They did that this year - Struble & Roy and righting the ship w Xhekaj and getting Mailloux a taste of NHL
Have they?
Roy, Struble and Xhekaj are not NHL superstar have they really become the player they are now solely because of Houle?
I don't buy that. I have been to many games of the rocket and the way they play is horrible. I do not buy the lack of talent of the players of the Rocket all other teams are not loaded with star players they all have average talent and they dominate them.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I miss the 2007-2011 stretch where the Bulldogs were making deep runs, had good prospects and vets and were well coached. The good days.
You, I, everybody. Nobody creamed their pants about 'player development', they won and many players from that team graduated and became very good NHL players. WIN/WIN

2003-2005 was the best time to watch them too. They were playing very good under Claude Julien and Doug Jarvis.

Reactions: donghabs98

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Have they?
Roy, Struble and Xhekaj are not NHL superstar have they really become the player they are now solely because of Houle?
I don't buy that. I have been to many games of the rocket and the way they play is horrible. I do not buy the lack of talent of the players of the Rocket all other teams are not loaded with star players they all have average talent and they dominate them.

They use the same system as the Habs, they have too.

It's seems to be a system pretty hard to applied (specialy in our own end) with NHL guy's, imagine with AHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad