Post-Game Talk: Laval 5 - 2 Binghamton: No Torch, No Loss.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Nice pass from Shinkaruk on the last goal... oh well.

And damn I wish Fleury can become what Dietz and Thrower couldn't, a physical, skilled offensively dman.

Lernout with the crushing checks too, fun to watch, even if he was kinda out of position on the last goal.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
DpV2a1ZXcAIVkSm.jpg

What do you guys think of Jake Evans on the third line? Why is McCarron playing on the 2nd?

Also, what are the PP waves, does anyone know?

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
What do you guys think of Jake Evans on the third line? Why is McCarron playing on the 2nd?

I get the impression Bouchard will do a bit like Julien in Montreal, he will roll 4 lines about equally, perhaps besides their 1st line. Didn't pay attention to the PP waves enough, I only know that Kulak, Sklenicka and Moravcik were there.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm on the game now. I just wanted to know how many Bouchardian grimaces were caught on camera so far. :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I get the impression Bouchard will do a bit like Julien in Montreal, he will roll 4 lines about equally, perhaps besides their 1st line. Didn't pay attention to the PP waves enough, I only know that Kulak, Sklenicka and Moravcik were there.

How do you feel about McCarron on the 2nd line? What's the gameplan?

I don't know, I'd much rather see Evans in the top 6.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I'm fine with Evans on the third. McCarron, for all his lack of skill in the NHL, he is well suited for AHL. Even his skating is more evident in the AHL. He's already got 3 points in 3 games so far. Having some experience, McCarron as 2C is a good choice, even if Evans is 3C and Vejdemo 4C.

As for the PP, I may be mistaken with one player, but it's Kulak, McCarron, Agostino, Shinkaruk, and Chaput (or Grenier maybe).

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm on the game now. I just wanted to know how many Bouchardian grimaces were caught on camera so far. :sarcasm:

Patrick Friolet, sitting between the benches, even mentioned how Bouchard's facial expression never changes. He always seems pissed, but most times, he's actually encouraging the guys. He just has that intensity. :laugh:

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
How do you feel about McCarron on the 2nd line? What's the gameplan?

I don't know, I'd much rather see Evans in the top 6.

I think in McCarron's case, it's kinda like a 'his place to lose' situation. Show me enough that I keep you there. Otherwise, Evans or Vejdemo will take your place.

It really is McCarron's last chance.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Patrick Friolet, sitting between the benches, even mentioned how Bouchard's facial expression never changes. He always seems pissed, but most times, he's actually encouraging the guys. He just has that intensity. :laugh:

The guy wears his emotions on his sleeves and is not afraid to call it as he sees it. They been replaying his "moron" comment on 690 today, they couldn't believe he made it. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think in McCarron's case, it's kinda like a 'his place to lose' situation. Show me enough that I keep you there. Otherwise, Evans or Vejdemo will take your place.

It really is McCarron's last chance.

I was going with the idea of giving more ice time to a player who actually has more potential to be an NHLer in a bigger role than McCarron ever can.

However, there may be underlying factors at play -- maybe he is working hard and Bouchard is showing other players that he's getting that ice time for a reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad