Post-Game Talk: Laval 3 - 2 Providence: The Bouchard Era Starts With A Dominating Perfomance and a Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Down 2-0, Laval scores 3 unanswered goals, with the game winner scored with 35 seconds left.

Goal #1: Michael Chaput assisted by Kenny Agostino
Goal #2: Byron Froese assisted by Michael McCarron & Hunter Shinkaruk
Goal #3: Brett Kulak assisted by Byron Froese & Michael McCarron

This was a very dominating performance by Laval. Shots were 34-20 in favor of Laval. But more than the shots, they were a treat to watch. Very similar to Montreal's hustle and quickness. They didn't give Providence much room most of the night.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Do3lvdcXUAAIHIk.jpg

Reactions: jaffy27 and KFlint

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Awesome work!

It's so weird to see an up tempo playing style in this organisation.

Pleasantly surprised.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Really shitty stream, I had to turn it off it was buffering so bad, but later on I tried it again and it was better but still had some issues perhaps due to it being free and a number of people watching. The quality was much better then AHL live so hopefully they get the bugs worked out.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Really ****ty stream, I had to turn it off it was buffering so bad, but later on I tried it again and it was better but still had some issues perhaps due to it being free and a number of people watching. The quality was much better then AHL live so hopefully they get the bugs worked out.

Yea, today's stream wasn't as clear as some other games. One other reason could be of the location of the cameras in each arena. I'm watching Stockton vs. Ontario right now and the stream is way more clear. Tomorrow they're playing in Hartford, and I watched parts of Providence @ Hartford last night. The cameras were clear there, as well.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yea, today's stream wasn't as clear as some other games. One other reason could be of the location of the cameras in each arena. I'm watching Stockton vs. Ontario right now and the stream is way more clear. Tomorrow they're playing in Hartford, and I watched parts of Providence @ Hartford last night. The cameras were clear there, as well.

I'll be watching tomorrow's game, I saw they had a list of games that were having issues, it was when you hit the drop down box in the top right corner, as this was my first time on their site (though they had my old AHL live account so I was lucky I could remember it from last year)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Cautiously optimistic that finally the Habs May be building a competitive team in Laval. Last year was a nightmare.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Thanks Adam.

Is there anyone besides me rooting for CHAPUT to succeed? I know he isn’t you 18 year old prospect but it just appears to me he puts out every game and has great passion. My sample size is small of course. Thoughts?

pc_md

Jun 3, 2006
I also had problems with the feed. However, the video quality is surprisingly good (remember neulion:ha:)!

It was a really fun game. Very good pace with quick puck movement.

Best player was Vejdemo: very smart player.
Sklenicka was the best D (especially in transition).
McCarron was an honorable mention.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
I also had problems with the feed. However, the video quality is surprisingly good (remember neulion:ha:)!

I like the sound of that!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

The issues were only in the first period. They fixed it afterwards and there were no issues the rest of the game.

As for the players you mentioned, you're right about them.

I think Vejdemo will do well this year. It shows that he has pro experience from his time in SHL. Moravcik has been the best defenseman they've had at preseason and he also had a better camp with Habs. However, we got to see some of the qualities Sklenicka possesses yesterday.

McCarron had a solid game. Not just his two points, but he also had a fight and was solid on the forecheck. His line with Shinkaruk and Froese were real good last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad