Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckz

Jun 22, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
go pierre hedin said:
I'll say between 5 and 10.

I'd say it's closer to what gph said... I'll go with 7-12th... his stock should rise a little, easily boost him into the top half of the first round barring any injuries.

Spiffy

Somewhere between 7 and 14. Depending on which teams draft where and what their needs are. He looks alot more mature and ready now than at the start of the season

X-SHARKIE

Lauri Tukonen has great skill. He's a big body, he's mature, he's been playing against men for the past years and has been succesfull. He's starting to use his frame, he has a nasty shot, he even helps out on defense.

I think Lauri is underated, and his stock should have rised from the WJC.

I'm thinking 7-10

Spiffy

X-SHARKIE said:
Lauri Tukonen has great skill. He's a big body, he's mature, he's been playing against men for the past years and has been succesfull. He's starting to use his frame, he has a nasty shot, he even helps out on defense.

I think Lauri is underated, and his stock should have rised from the WJC.

I'm thinking 7-10
He starts looking more and more like a young Selänne... Hopefully he'll put all pieces together and dominate next season.

md17

Spiffy said:
He starts looking more and more like a young Selänne... Hopefully he'll put all pieces together and dominate next season.

I've only seen Tukonen a few times in SM-liiga, and I must say I'm having trouble agreeing with the Selänne comparison. Tukonen doesn't look like an explosive sniper type to me. More of an all around forward. Big fluent skater with soft hands. Quite different from young Selänne at least stylewise IMO.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
I've seen him in the SM-Liiga about 5-6 times this season.He's playing 5-8 minutes on the Blues 4th-line, so it's hard to rate his offensive potentional based on those games.Based on the U20 WJC games I saw, he has very soft hands and good wheels.He has a very good but not great shot, and he's not a liabilty in his own zone.I think a his draft position will fall somewhere between 7-20, with a lot depending on his performance in the U18 WJC in Minsk. If he really tears it up there he might rise to the #5 slot.Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad