Recalled/Assigned: Laughton returned to Phantoms

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I wonder if folks were saying the same thing about Hartnell after 247 career NHL games. first 4 seasons of his career Hartnell had 46 G 78 A
Maybe one day Schenn will be as good as the great Scott Hartnell.

:laugh:

you do know hartnell entered the league as an 18 year old, playing on a real bad team and still outperformed him with inferior talent around him at age 22 and 23.

Schenn is no where near as good as hartnell at the same age. DO you think hartnell got first unit pp time with a top 5 pp unit?

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
:laugh:

you do know hartnell entered the league as an 18 year old, playing on a real bad team and still outperformed him with inferior talent around him at age 22 and 23.

Schenn is no where near as good as hartnell at the same age. DO you think hartnell got first unit pp time with a top 5 pp unit?

. it was a jab at your hatred for Schenn. I likely knew who Hartnell was before you did.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I don't hate Schenn but I also feel he is too young to give up on. Yes he is a very frustrating player I will give anyone that. But I am not ready to give up on him.do you like anyone on this team outside of Giroux, Jake and Mason?

the only players on the flyers i dont like as players are schenn, vinny, umberger and macdonald.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
@BobRotruck: Terry Murray: "I'm giving Leier a present for his birthday today...I'm putting him on a line with Laughton." Haha.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The Mud line.

A lot of grit in it.
Down to earth.
No-one wants to try and wade through it.
It grounds 'electric' players.

That would be a great 3rd line if they all turn out like we hope. All of them are good defensively and I could see them being a real pain for defenses when in the offensive zone. Especially if Lindblom can find a way to get a bit quicker.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
I don't understand how some of you guys don't understand this is actually a very smart move.

Regardless of his small NHL sample size, Laughton does have the "veterancy" of NHL experience compared to most guys on the Phantoms.

See if Laughton can lead the team to the playoffs, and deep into the playoffs. Let him gain that experience and confidence. I'm not arguing him to be our future C or for him to be an all-star when on the Flyers, but this is a great developmental move by the team managers and gives the potential for our young guns to develop together.

The guys who will be playing together on the Phantoms are our future (minus Ghost). Let them gain that chemistry and experience playing in the playoffs in the AHL and hope it transcends to some degree once these guys make it to the Flyers starting line-up.

Simple logic.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
I don't understand how some of you guys don't understand this is actually a very smart move.

Regardless of his small NHL sample size, Laughton does have the "veterancy" of NHL experience compared to most guys on the Phantoms.

See if Laughton can lead the team to the playoffs, and deep into the playoffs. Let him gain that experience and confidence. I'm not arguing him to be our future C or for him to be an all-star when on the Flyers, but this is a great developmental move by the team managers and gives the potential for our young guns to develop together.

The guys who will be playing together on the Phantoms are our future (minus Ghost). Let them gain that chemistry and experience playing in the playoffs in the AHL and hope it transcends to some degree once these guys make it to the Flyers starting line-up.

Simple logic.

I thought the majority of us is happy with the assignement Laughtons to the Phantoms :huh:

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
I thought the majority of us is happy with the assignement Laughtons to the Phantoms :huh:

I stopped reading after the first page where all the negative comments reside. Reading all of that utter stupidity made me stop reading subsequent posts.

Forgive me for my transgressions. My previous post has been proven null and void.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->