Recalled/Assigned: Laughton returned to Phantoms

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
kinda surprising. i know he hasn't been producing like we all had hoped but he still looks like he belongs in the NHL. oh well, can't hurt him i suppose.

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
What the hell?

ryScLuW.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I guess this means Raffl is OK to come back and White is staying in.

At least Laughton can go back to the AHL and (hopefully) lead to the Phantoms to the playoffs with Ghost, Alt, Hagg, Cousins, Akeson, and Straka. That's a decent AHL team right there.

The NHL lines should be

Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Couturier-Simmonds
Read-White-Umberger
Vandevelde-Bellemare-Lecavalier

But they probably will be

Vandevelde-Bellemare-Lecavalier
Raffl-White-Umberger
Read-Couturier-Simmonds
Schenn-Giroux-Voracek

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
kinda surprising. i know he hasn't been producing like we all had hoped but he still looks like he belongs in the NHL. oh well, can't hurt him i suppose.

The Phantoms have a slim hope of making the playoffs, the Flyers have none.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He was getting bumped down the lineup, and pucks weren't going in. He gets to play for another coach without being traded. I don't mind it too much, there isn't much chances for him to succeed so long as Lecavalier gets preferred treatment.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
This is because our coach is a moron. He set Laughton up for failure. He was doing fine playing what 14-16 minutes a night with Schenn/raffl and simmonds then he gets dumped with White and Umberger playing less minutes than our 4th line. He is young so i guess if the coach is going to play him 4th line minutes, AHL is better but come on there is no reason he should be playing anything less than 3rd line minutes.

That means our bottom 6 is:
Raffl - White - Umby
Vdv - PEB - Vinny

OH MY GOD:amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This could be seen as a sign that Hextall knows the season is over and will hopefully be a seller at the deadline.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This could be seen as a sign that Hextall knows the season is over and will hopefully be a seller at the deadline.

It could be, but I'm sure it would be a hard sell when they're on a 5-0-3 run with 2 games against Buffalo this week. The schedule is set up where they could play themselves into standing pat just in case it's real.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It could be, but I'm sure it would be a hard sell when they're on a 5-0-3 run with 2 games against Buffalo this week. The schedule is set up where they could play themselves into standing pat just in case it's real.

Yeah, but I don't think anyone expects them to keep this hot streak up and even since it started they haven't gained that much ground on the teams in playoff position.

On 1/19 (their last regulation loss) they were 11 points back

Right now they're 7 points back.

Obviously they gained some ground, but they're still far back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad