Latvia: Latvian prospects

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Any of the young prospect (Klavins for instance) maybe getting for a place in the Latvian olymp qual?? Maybe some surprises like Indrasis last WC??

For olympic qual i dont think so maybe young Porejs who played last season in Hk riga but now hes regular on Dinamo Riga really like him and hes only 21
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=34664 hes 2+2=4 points in 16 games,really physical guy could see him developing into a solid stay at home defencmen.
But for Olympics(if we get there) Nolan said he for sure will put guys like Blugers and Girgensons on roster but by 2014 they wont be prospects anymore,so yeah :laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Speaking of another 98` born that could be pretty good- Roberts Blugers hes brother of the drafted Teodors Blugers,he plays for shattuck st marys bantam, and as i understand has been pretty good.

No idea at what level that league is "Bantam", but it seems good without being extraordinary.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Anything beats playing in latvian u-16 :help:

yeah I noticed how many players you have in north america compared to the amount of danes......enormous difference! Lucky that we have Sweden close....you can play in Malmö in Sweden and be 30-45 min away from your home in Copenhagen :laugh:
Mom makes dinner for you after you come home from your practice abroad :D

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
yeah I noticed how many players you have in north america compared to the amount of danes......enormous difference! Lucky that we have Sweden close....you can play in Malmö in Sweden and be 30-45 min away from your home in Copenhagen :laugh:
Mom makes dinner for you after you come home from your practice abroad :D

Yep

Girgensons
Haralds Egle
Bluger brothers
Kristains Pelss
Lipsbergs
Jevpalovs

The only solid prospects we have playing in europe are Rihards Bukarts ,Edgars Treijs and Roberts locans who is 16 and plays for swedish u-18 allsvenskan.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yep

Girgensons
Haralds Egle
Bluger brothers
Kristains Pelss
Lipsbergs
Jevpalovs

The only solid prospects we have playing in europe are Rihards Bukarts ,Edgars Treijs and Roberts locans who is 16 and plays for swedish u-18 allsvenskan.

and Klavins in AIK (at 19 i would still call him a prospect).

So why they go for NA instead of Russian youth leagues......patrioctic feelings or just the lure of NHL outranks KHL?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
and Klavins in AIK (at 19 i would still call him a prospect).

So why they go for NA instead of Russian youth leagues......patrioctic feelings or just the lure of NHL outranks KHL?

This and only this.Btw i`m not even sure if Bukarts will stay in MHL if some CHL team drafts him i think he will terminate his contract with Dinamo riga and go straight to Canada.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So for our little draft competition....highest draftee Lipsberg or Bjørkstrand??

Bjørkstrand is usually between 35-60 in the reports i have read....so anywhere in the second round.....maybe very late first or early third depending on the future production. Though he is totally a point clone of Nicklas Jensen throughout his career he is still more lightweight.
Lipsberg around where?? and who do you think will "win"??

The CSS midterm ranking for north american scaters (15'th jan) has Bjørkstrand as 29 and Lipsberg as 61....but offcourse only for those playing in NA.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=85643

Bjørkstrand has 17G 20A in 40 games for Portland
Lipsberg has 17G 17A in 41 games for Seattle
Third rookie contender Leon Draisaitl from Germany has 10G 26A in 39 games for Prince Albert
Its really a close race.

Last edited:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
So for our little draft competition....highest draftee Lipsberg or Bjørkstrand??

Bjørkstrand is usually between 35-60 in the reports i have read....so anywhere in the second round.....maybe very late first or early third depending on the future production. Though he is totally a point clone of Nicklas Jensen throughout his career he is still more lightweight.
Lipsberg around where?? and who do you think will "win"??

The CSS midterm ranking for north american scaters (15'th jan) has Bjørkstrand as 29 and Lipsberg as 61....but offcourse only for those playing in NA.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=85643

Theres no doubt Bjorkstrand takes this i think he will be drafted first round 22nd overall and Lipsbergs anywhere in the 4th as hes an overager
If you remmember my last predictions about Girgensons and Blugers i wasnt too far off lets see how i will fare now:laugh: cant be that i have luck on my side for 2 straight years,can it? :laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Theres no doubt Bjorkstrand takes this i think he will be drafted first round 22nd overall and Lipsbergs anywhere in the 4th as hes an overager
If you remmember my last predictions about Girgensons and Blugers i wasnt too far off lets see how i will fare now:laugh: cant be that i have luck on my side for 2 straight years,can it? :laugh:

Yep you rocked last year, but in 2011 we has Nicklas Jensen :D
Maybe then we take it two years in a row with Bjørkstrand and Ehlers and then you bounce back with Treijs :laugh:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Yep you rocked last year, but in 2011 we has Nicklas Jensen :D
Maybe then we take it two years in a row with Bjørkstrand and Ehlers and then you bounce back with Treijs :laugh:

Well its not like Bukarts has told his last words just yet :laugh: also a threat for ehlers is Egle look out for him.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
It still amazes me-the abundance of good prospects for us 5-6 years a go we could barely FIELD a u-20 not even talking about a good u-20 team which lost to likes of austria and belarus,when now these opponents are no match for us even when a lot of the leaders are missing.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
MHL is younger league this season than last, and will be younger next season than now. Just compare rosters. So claiming it is 22y is not fair. The league is changing, getting younger.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
MHL is younger league this season than last, and will be younger next season than now. Just compare rosters. So claiming it is 22y is not fair. The league is changing, getting younger.

Its still mostly dominated by 20 y.o ,i understand it gets younger,but thats not my point

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I think Ehlers could be the biggest danish talent ever (or at least on level with Mikkel Bødker). They only problem is if he gains enough bulk (danish guys often develop fairly late, so its impossible to say at this point). Otherwise his speed would make him excellent KHL material (little bit of Zuccarello maybe?).
Anyway what a great first goal it was.

lol no kidding I remember watching Philip Larsen in the WJC and he looked like a 12 year old kid amongst young men, very tiny too. Then all the sudden I find last year he's up to 6'0 190 lbs, I must say I was quite surprised. :D

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
lol no kidding I remember watching Philip Larsen in the WJC and he looked like a 12 year old kid amongst young men, very tiny too. Then all the sudden I find last year he's up to 6'0 190 lbs, I must say I was quite surprised. :D

Maybe its a difference of beef......in Denmark we don't use growth hormones :laugh: like in North America.

As an example Oliver Bjørkstrand certainly looks youthful (his dad is american and his mother danish, but grown up in Denmark) - and he will be an adult of 18 in under 3 months: His 164 pounds (75kg) is probably based on a lot of weighttraining.

Bjorkstrand%20304x2914406.jpg

Any pics of youthful latvians....or are you just more manly earlier?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Maybe its a difference of beef......in Denmark we don't use growth hormones :laugh: like in North America.

As an example Oliver Bjørkstrand certainly looks youthful (his dad is american and his mother danish, but grown up in Denmark) - and he will be an adult of 18 in under 3 months: His 164 pounds (75kg) is probably based on a lot of weighttraining.

Bjorkstrand%20304x2914406.jpg

Any pics of youthful latvians....or are you just more manly earlier?

Yet men in your country still average 6 feet tall and are amongt the top 5 tallest in the world. :laugh:

This guy 2nd from right (Jensen) may be an exception to the youthful look, quite the playoff beard at 18. ;)

4Ranked2004.jpg

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yet men in your country still average 6 feet tall and are amongt the top 5 tallest in the world. :laugh:

well you seem to actually get some tall and powerfull prospects these days. Girgensons doesn't display what I would call babyface!
Maybe your diet has changed in recent years :laugh:

Found these quotes in the net: http://www.latvians.com/en/Reading/TheStoryOfLatvia/SoLatvia-01-chap.php

"The Latvians are one of the tallest peoples in Europe, the average height of men being 171 cm., of women 160 cm" (it must be an old quote if you call 1.71 tall) and even better:
"Latvians are also among the peoples with the heaviest brain men 1378 grammes, women 1243 grammes" (probably too political incorrect to mention these days, so another old quote).

Overall it's great news for Latvian hockey - big and intelligent prospects are by nature yours to have :yo:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
well you seem to actually get some tall and powerfull prospects these days. Girgensons doesn't display what I would call babyface!
Maybe your diet has changed in recent years :laugh:

Found these quotes in the net: http://www.latvians.com/en/Reading/TheStoryOfLatvia/SoLatvia-01-chap.php

"The Latvians are one of the tallest peoples in Europe, the average height of men being 171 cm., of women 160 cm" (it must be an old quote if you call 1.71 tall) and even better:
"Latvians are also among the peoples with the heaviest brain men 1378 grammes, women 1243 grammes" (probably too political incorrect to mention these days, so another old quote).

Overall it's great news for Latvian hockey - big and intelligent prospects are by nature yours to have :yo:

That`s some interesting info you got there Justinov! :laugh::handclap:
Yeah i hope the trend with guys like Zemgus continues,we need guys with bulk,especially in defence

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Teodors blugers
#1 babyface of all our prospects(Piedod,teodor:laugh:)

Attachments

• Blueger_AB713523016.JPG
    Blueger_AB713523016.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->