Latvia: Latvian prospects

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
In Finland, there's one promising 2000 born Latvian prospect named Davis Kruskops. He plays for Blues 2000 born team, which is one of the better teams in the country. Kruskops has 23 points in 17 games and has scored two more goals in today's game so far. From what I have seen, he has scoring instincts and good hockey sense, plus he's a quick and agile skater. Just wanted throw his name here, since certainly seems to have some talent.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Since this thread hasnt been bumped in a while let me make recap for some of our top prospects,feel free to add anyone i might have missed

1997 born

Kristians Rubīns(D)(Allsvenskan)

Kristaps Zīle(D)(HK Rīga)

Rūdolfs Balcers(F) (Norway,Stavenger drafted by San Jose)

1998 born

Roberts Bļugers(F) Shattuck St. Mary's Midget Prep USHS)

1999 born

Deniss Smirnovs(F) (Elite Novizen,Switzerland)

Niklāvs Rauza (G) (Jr. A SM-liiga,Finland)

2000 born

Dāvis Krūskops(F) (Finland Jrs)

Kristers Arnicāns(F) (ZSC U17 Elite Novizen)

Didnt include Jasunovs as it apppears he now has a Swedish passport and will probably end up like Edgars Treijs

Honestly i dont know what to make of this group, maybe someone with more insight can say if there is even one possible first rounder in this pool?

Last edited:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Somehow I don't get the feeling Roberts Blugers is the best 98 prospects or even a real top prospect. I'm sure Latvia has better, Pauls Svars at least.

Pauls Svars is basically a midget,standing at 174 cm ,guy has no draft potential with that kind of height.

Last edited:

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Although not really a big prospect, Latvian forward Bruno Birzitis scored a hat trick tonight for the NJ Titans in the NAHL and he now leads the team in points.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Although not really a big prospect, Latvian forward Bruno Birzitis scored a hat trick tonight for the NJ Titans in the NAHL and he now leads the team in points.

Yeah, he probably is figting for some NCAA commitment. Hope he finds his spot.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Yeah, he probably is figting for some NCAA commitment. Hope he finds his spot.

Yeah, he's overage (21) and still hasn't committed yet so he may not even be able to commit. But he is a great kid I've gotten to know him a little bit, I hope he finds a spot on a NCAA team he definitely has enough talent to play in college.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
http://www.lsm.lv/lv/raksts/hokejs/sports/miluns-nosauc-u18-izlases-kandidatus.a172608/

Candidates for Latvia's U18 roster. I have to say they're easily the favorites for relegation. They've fallen on some bad luck with Kristian Rubins and Kristaps Zile have mid and late December birthdays, they've already lost in a friendly match to Denmark 4-2 this season, and two of Denmark's best prospects weren't there because they were working with the U20s.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Kristians Rubins is making his debut in the Latvian NT tonight. He will be dressed for the exhibition game against Belarus, paired up with Guntis Galvins.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Rodrigo Ābols drafted in the 7th round (#184) by Vancouver.
So Latvia keeps the draft streak going since 2012.....
One better than Slovakia and on the level of Belgium (sorry to tempting to avoid pointing out).

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Rodrigo Ābols drafted in the 7th round (#184) by Vancouver.
So Latvia keeps the draft streak going since 2012.....
One better than Slovakia and on the level of Belgium (sorry to tempting to avoid pointing out).

So Denmark's current streak is shorter than Belgium's? :popcorn:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
So it seems Viktors Jašunovs will play for Latvia internationally. Possible draft pick in the future? He has decent stats in J18 elit.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Bindulis somehow gets a contract from Washington after just 1 year in NCAA. Great success for him, unexpected from Capitals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->