Latvia: Latvian prospects

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Wow what hyperbole,i`m sorry that saying dasutins has a KHL top 6 potential has offended you,jeez :laugh:

It obviously hasn't offended me, but it makes you loose the little credibility you had in evaluating prospects or making a reasonable and realistic post about our hockey.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
It obviously hasn't offended me, but it makes you loose the little credibility you had in evaluating prospects or making a reasonable and realistic post about our hockey.

If you think i`m wrong then point it out at what do you think i`m wrong,otherwise youre just attacking me without good reason

Also werent you one of Indrasis skeptics,who said hes not gonna make in KHL?
If i came here in lets say 2011 and said that Indrasis is gonna be the top scoring winger for Dinamo Riga,you`d say the same thing that i`m an idiot and dont know what i`m talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Ahaha,like i care about your opinion about my credability:laugh:
Listen,ozo, your arrogancy is getting quite ridicilous,you are not an NHL scout,so chill it.

If you think i`m wrong then point it out at what do you think i`m wrong,otherwise youre just attacking me without good reason

Also werent you one of Indrasis skeptics,who said hes not gonna make in KHL?
If i came here in lets say 2011 and said that Indrasis is gonna be the top scoring winger for Dinamo Riga,you`d say the same thing that i`m an idiot and dont know what i`m talking about.

And I already said what why I think you are wrong so I'm not attacking you at all, let alone without a reason. My dislike for your posts stems from the sheer fact that, according to you, everything is either awesome or going to hell for our hockey when the truth almost always is in the middle.

And yes, I was a skeptic and I'll gladly admit that I was kinda wrong, about Indrasis but his emergence simply defied logic. But to say that Dasutins has a KHL top6 potential (or that he could break through at Dynamo Moskva as a foreigner under Znaroks) when you have seen playing him max 5 times altogether, is silly. Dasutins doesn't have tenth of a CV Indrasis had at his age, so I think I'm on a safe side of this argument. And again I'll be humble enough to eat crow, when I'll be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
And I already said what why I think you are wrong so I'm not attacking you at all, let alone without a reason. My dislike for your posts stems from the sheer fact that, according to you, everything is either awesome or going to hell for our hockey when the truth almost always is in the middle.

And yes, I was a skeptic and I'll gladly admit that I was kinda wrong, about Indrasis but his emergence simply defied logic. But to say that Dasutins has a KHL top6 potential (or that he could break through at Dynamo Moskva as a foreigner under Znaroks) when you have seen playing him max 5 times altogether, is silly. Dasutins doesn't have tenth of a CV Indrasis had at his age, so I think I'm on a safe side of this argument. And again I'll be humble enough to eat crow, when I'll be wrong.

Yep because Znaroks is completley unfamiliar with latvian hockey and its players..right :laugh:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Yep because Znaroks is completley unfamiliar with latvian hockey and its players..right :laugh:

Znaroks has nothing to do with it. It has everything to do with 5 foreigner quota, which, puts him in serious disadvantage talent or no talent. Dasutins wouldn't only be battling other youngsters for their spot but he would also have to instantly outplay players like Kvapil, Gynge, Karsums and so on. Yeah, it is so gonna happen.

Profins

Sep 30, 2012
Riga
Not sure how common the surname Lipsbergs is in Latvia. Is Robert the younger brother of Edgar, who played in junior hockey in the USA and is now playing in Riga?

It´s not a common surname, but you are totally right. Edgars is his eldest brother. He has 2 more brothers (hockey players also) - Miks and Krišs. Both older than him, tho.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
It´s not a common surname, but you are totally right. Edgars is his eldest brother. He has 2 more brothers (hockey players also) - Miks and Krišs. Both older than him, tho.
Hmm, how sure are you? I've heard that there are two pairs of brothers between them and then there are cousin relationship between those pairs. But dunno, never seen a credible source verifying nor mine, nor your opinion.

Last edited:

Profins

Sep 30, 2012
Riga
Hmm, how sure are you? I've heard that there are two pairs of brothers between them and then there are cousin relationship between those pairs. But dunno, never seen a credible source verifying nor mine, nor your opinion.
Sorry, i guess you are right. I believe Edgars, Krišs and Miks are brothers and Roberts is their cousin.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Sorry, i guess you are right. I believe Edgars, Krišs and Miks are brothers and Roberts is their cousin.

Well if I'm right, then Roberts is a brother of Krišs, and Edgars is a brother of Miks. And pair number one are cousins with pair number two. :laugh: But I'm not certain anyway.

Profins

Sep 30, 2012
Riga
Well if I'm right, then Roberts is a brother of Krišs, and Edgars is a brother of Miks. And pair number one are cousins with pair number two. :laugh: But I'm not certain anyway.

Won't quarrel on this one. You may be right.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Latvian Rihards Bukarts was just taken in the CHL Import draft by the Brandon Wheat Kings 7th OVR.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I just looked him up and he's contract for the next year with Dinamo Riga (Or was it Minsk?). What's the probability he'll go over?

Also, any news on Lijpsberg (sp?) after he wasn't drafted last week?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I just looked him up and he's contract for the next year with Dinamo Riga (Or was it Minsk?). What's the probability he'll go over?

Also, any news on Lijpsberg (sp?) after he wasn't drafted last week?

Dinamo Rīga has signed a contract with him yes,most latvian fans doubt he comes over though.

No news on Lipsbergs though.

Trav

Aug 2, 2005
It appears Bukarts agent believes he'll be in Brandon this coming season. He told the local paper in Brandon that. Said he was assured there'd be no problems getting Bukarts release.

Babula

May 31, 2012
I'm sure he'll receive some invites to NHL camps. He'll have a chance to get signed to a contract if he performs well, like Andrew Crescenzi or Tomas Hyka.

Tomas Hyka was not signed. Correct me if wrong. Many players had said, you can shine on invite camp, but no signing then... "bad luck"

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Tomas Hyka was not signed. Correct me if wrong. Many players had said, you can shine on invite camp, but no signing then... "bad luck"

Philadelphia tried to sign him and offered him a contract, but they messed something up and the contract was deemed invalid. Then Hyka was drafted the following year by LA.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Philadelphia tried to sign him and offered him a contract, but they messed something up and the contract was deemed invalid. Then Hyka was drafted the following year by LA.

Anyway I wouldn't too stressed about Lipsbergs, if he continues to improve they might draft him this season still or as said, there are training camps too... this year already Ķēniņš was signed without a draft at the age of 22, so no worries. Still has Dinamo Rīga as a backup too.

But this year we really could have had a great talent in forwards for WJC. Even outside Dinamo camp there are 5 now in CHL leagues (Kulda, Jevpalovs, Lipsbergs, Golovkovs and Bukarts), 1 in USHL (Egle), 1 in NCAA (Bļugers), 1 in AHL/NHL (Girgensons), 1 in Swedish J20 Superelite (Semjonovs), 1 in Austrian EBEL (Zuševics). 10 forwards in elite junior or just good league outside Latvia. Not to mention Ozoliņš who's been great in Dinamo Riga's KHL camp and a plethora of eligibles in HK Riga MHL team... or Homjakovs in MHL B.

Both our 94 golies should have contracts with NLA clubs, another one could be a backup in MHL.

It's defense where it's a bit more underwhelming but offensively for Latvia this is truly the best ever attack assembled for U20 team.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Anyway I wouldn't too stressed about Lipsbergs, if he continues to improve they might draft him this season still or as said, there are training camps too... this year already ĶēniņÅ¡ was signed without a draft at the age of 22, so no worries. Still has Dinamo Rīga as a backup too.

But this year we really could have had a great talent in forwards for WJC. Even outside Dinamo camp there are 5 now in CHL leagues (Kulda, Jevpalovs, Lipsbergs, Golovkovs and Bukarts), 1 in USHL (Egle), 1 in NCAA (Bļugers), 1 in AHL/NHL (Girgensons), 1 in Swedish J20 Superelite (Semjonovs), 1 in Austrian EBEL (ZuÅ¡evics). 10 forwards in elite junior or just good league outside Latvia. Not to mention OzoliņÅ¡ who's been great in Dinamo Riga's KHL camp and a plethora of eligibles in HK Riga MHL team... or Homjakovs in MHL B.

Both our 94 golies should have contracts with NLA clubs, another one could be a backup in MHL.

It's defense where it's a bit more underwhelming but offensively for Latvia this is truly the best ever attack assembled for U20
team.

yeah that seems to be the case in the last few wjcs for us :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->