Latvia World Championships 2006...

CDeeps

Apr 15, 2005
This is a little blurb off the Minnesota Hockey Journal

Quick Speculation:

There were dozens of NHL scouts in attendance at the WCHA Frozen Five tournament in St. Paul last weekend. Most notably was the full Philadelphia Flyers contingent including Ron Hextall and Paul Holmgren. Holmgren, the Assistant GM to Bobby Clarke in Philly is also the General Manager for the USA Men's Select team that will be headed to Latvia this Spring for the World Championships. They were no doubt paying close attention to draft pick and Hobey Baker favourite Ryan Potulny and will most certainly tender an offer for him to sign with the Flyers following the completion of this season.

Tampa Bay scouts were also in attendance to look at their pick PJ Atherton who will likely sign with the team following the conclusion of this season and join their ECHL affiliate, the Johnstown Chiefs since the AHL affiliate Springfield Falcons will not be playing in the postseason.

Tampa has great interest in undrafted free agent Chris Harrington, as do dozens of other NHL teams. Harrington will have a multitude of great offers from which to choose once his season with the Gophers is complete.

As for the World Championships, look for a heavily Minnesota-laden roster that could include the likes of Paul Martin, Keith Ballard, Phil Kessel and likely Danny Irmen and Ryan Potulny as well as several Minnesota players already overseas including Craig Johnson, Derek Plante, Brad DeFauw and Brett Hauer. Darby Hendrickson is recovering from hernia surgery so will not be able to participate.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
CDeeps said:
This is a little blurb off the Minnesota Hockey Journal

Quick Speculation:

There were dozens of NHL scouts in attendance at the WCHA Frozen Five tournament in St. Paul last weekend. Most notably was the full Philadelphia Flyers contingent including Ron Hextall and Paul Holmgren. Holmgren, the Assistant GM to Bobby Clarke in Philly is also the General Manager for the USA Men's Select team that will be headed to Latvia this Spring for the World Championships. They were no doubt paying close attention to draft pick and Hobey Baker favourite Ryan Potulny and will most certainly tender an offer for him to sign with the Flyers following the completion of this season.

Tampa Bay scouts were also in attendance to look at their pick PJ Atherton who will likely sign with the team following the conclusion of this season and join their ECHL affiliate, the Johnstown Chiefs since the AHL affiliate Springfield Falcons will not be playing in the postseason.

Tampa has great interest in undrafted free agent Chris Harrington, as do dozens of other NHL teams. Harrington will have a multitude of great offers from which to choose once his season with the Gophers is complete.

As for the World Championships, look for a heavily Minnesota-laden roster that could include the likes of Paul Martin, Keith Ballard, Phil Kessel and likely Danny Irmen and Ryan Potulny as well as several Minnesota players already overseas including Craig Johnson, Derek Plante, Brad DeFauw and Brett Hauer. Darby Hendrickson is recovering from hernia surgery so will not be able to participate.

Thanks for the link. I definately see the above happening, except for Paul Martin who is with the Devils. Phil Kessel at the World Championships would be an intersting situation.

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
Sakaarnis said:
Well, i dont think he falls into a major NHL prospec category, beside he has yet to debut for Boston, but MartiņÅ¡ Karsums is hottest at the moment for Latvia. I doubt were gonna see him in Riga as his team will play in Memorial Cup.
Karsums team mate and Flyers draft pick Oscars Bartulis maybe a little preoccupied with the Mem Cup too. Good for Wildcats, bad for Latvia.
EDIT: If you know of any 16 or 17 year olds in Latvia of the quality these two are send them to Moncton as Karsums and Bartulis will probably be outta here next year :help: I know Wildcat fans have enjoyed their stay here. :handclap:

Last edited:

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Alpine said:
Karsums team mate and Flyers draft pick Oscars Bartulis maybe a little preoccupied with the Mem Cup too. Good for Wildcats, bad for Latvia.
EDIT: If you know of any 16 or 17 year olds in Latvia of the quality these two are send them to Moncton as Karsums and Bartulis will probably be outta here next year :help: i know Wildcat fans have enjoyed their stay here. :handclap:

Too bad for those two guys. I'm sure they would much rather represent their country on the highest stage in front of their own crowd.

Ste'

May 21, 2004
Lenno -Lake Como-
http://www.fisg.it/news.asp?ID=1479&cartella=12

Here's the Blue Team for Latvia WC 2006.

Jason Muzzatti (HC Bolzano), Renè Baur (HC Valpusteria), Thomas Tragust (HC Merano)

Alex Egger (Ritten Sport Hockey), Carter Trevisani (Asiago Hockey), Carlo Lorenzi (Alleghe Hockey), Florian Ramoser (HC Bolzano), Armin Helfer, Michele Strazzabosco e Christian Borgatello (HC Junior Milano Vipers)

Jason Cirone e John Parco (Asiago Hockey), Manuel De Toni e Nicola Fontanive (Alleghe Hockey), Stefano Margoni ed Enrico Chelodi (HC Bolzano), Giorgio De Bettin (SG Cortina), Luca Ansoldi e Paolo Bustreo (Ritten Sport Hockey), Luca Felicetti (SHC Fassa), Anthony Iob (KAC Klagenfurt – AUT), Giuseppe Busillo e Andrea Molteni (HC Junior Milano Vipers)

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
TORRUS said:
Too bad for those two guys. I'm sure they would much rather represent their country on the highest stage in front of their own crowd.

Well as much wed like them to play for NT, especialy Karsums who have progressed alot. But they are both still in junior age and wouldnt make big impact at Worlds. Id rather see them succed at Memorial Cup wich is a good show off for next NHL season. Karsums have a good chance to crack Bruins line up next year. I say, give him one.

ShaneDoan

May 5, 2005
Strange that you say that Nash shouldnt be in Team Canada. He was at least very good player one-two years ago...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad