GDT: Latvia v Norway

GX

Dec 28, 2011
FS4SqczWUAE-Hf_

Kulda still out, no other roster or line changes, at least on paper

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Great to see Bergmanis on the 2nd pairing, the kid looked really good in the first two games.

This is a must win game and anything other than 3 points would likely end our play-off hopes

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Great to see first line converting the pressure. Now let's add another one, as Norway clearly has enough speed to make our D dizzy and lost.

eternalflame2016

Nov 3, 2018
A little bit late, but does anyone else think the 5 minute major and 10 minute misconduct was harsh? Definitely worthy of 2, but didn't look like more than that to me

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
Nervous game. Haugeland is doing great and Norway stings really well with those fast, net-oriented plays. Our PP is horendous and the refs may start looking for opportunities to minimize the penalty minute gap. Weird that while Latvia completely dominates, I somehow feel that its thanks to Elvis that we are still ahead. Our forwards continue to waste great opportunities and our defence continues to create chaos in front of Elvis.

JohnWillow

May 27, 2015
A little bit late, but does anyone else think the 5 minute major and 10 minute misconduct was harsh? Definitely worthy of 2, but didn't look like more than that to me
No, that is a clear slew foot and in that case match penalty. One of the dirtiest plays in hockey.

About the game. Ovechkin from Wish finally sniped one at least.

Reactions: eternalflame2016

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
It's the first time I've seen "slew footing", and cant comment on the fairness of the penalty based on my experience. But it seems that players receive game misconducts and even disqualifications for it, so it is concidered a dangerous and rough thing to do. Although less bloody than boarding or high-sticking.

eternalflame2016

Nov 3, 2018
No, that is a clear slew foot and in that case match penalty. One of the dirtiest plays in hockey.
Maybe I'm just used to NHL reffing, but I feel like 9/10 that's just a 2 minute minor, didn't even look completely deliberate to me, although I will admit that he took both feet, NHL is so inconsistent with what's a major pen and what's a minor I find it hard to judge sometimes 🤣

Joka12

Apr 13, 2022
Everyone on Norwegian TV (also Mathis Olimb that was interviewed in the break) said that it was a clear match penalty. To bad as Norway played pretty good before those penalties.

eternalflame2016

Nov 3, 2018
Everyone on Norwegian TV (also Mathis Olimb that was interviewed in the break) said that it was a clear match penalty. To bad as Norway played pretty good before those penalties.
Fair enough, I'm watching in a British pub in Finland 🤣 so no commentary and no idea what pundits/players are saying 😂 if it was called against the flames though I'd be pretty annoyed with it being a 5

Then again in the NHL attempted murder would only be a minor if it got called at all 🤣

Last edited:

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Ugh, should have been easier. Must thank Elvis for this one, Norway put up solid pressure in the third. Our D desperately needs Rubins to arrive.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Ugh, should have been easier. Must thank Elvis for this one, Norway put up solid pressure in the third. Our D desperately needs Rubins to arrive.
Yup, this game was a prime example of how our entire game gets disjointed due to defensemen not being able to carry the puck. If we had 4 Jaks, this would be a different team. And when your shutdown Ds start making positional mistakes and coughing up the puck, it begs the question why are they there in the first place.

Rubins is no Seth Jones, but he would definitely be an improvement over our bottom pairing Ds.

We need Rubins and we also need Blueger, Smirnovs is a non-factor even against Norway. He's basically another Bicevskis. Too small to do anything at this level and not skilled enough to counter that.

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
Very close game last night. Fun to watch. Think our team deserved a point at least, but stupid penalties ruined the game The penalties was fully deserved though, very inexperienced/immature behavour from our players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad