Latest Team Canada Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Quinn has said he doesn't want Mario worrying about defence too much, so he moved him to the left side in practice. We'll probably see some version of the following in the final exhibition game against Slovakia. It also seems Vince might have played his way into the line-up.

Lemieux-Sakic-Iginla
Gagne-Richards-St. Louis
Draper-Lecavalier-Heatley
Maltby-Thornton-Doan
Smyth-Marleau-Morrow

My bet for scratches right now would seem to be that fifth line, although I'd personally rather see Smyth on Thornton's line rather than Maltby. We'll see, as this was just in practice.

Vic Rattlehead*

Dr.Sens(e) said:
Quinn has said he doesn't want Mario worrying about defence too much, so he moved him to the left side in practice. We'll probably see some version of the following in the final exhibition game against Slovakia. It also seems Vince might have played his way into the line-up.

Lemieux-Sakic-Iginla
Gagne-Richards-St. Louis
Maltby-Thornton-Doan
Smyth-Marleau-Morrow

My bet for scratches right now would seem to be that fifth line, although I'd personally rather see Smyth on Thornton's line rather than Maltby. We'll see, as this was just in practice.

It's a mistake to put Draper with Lecavalier and Heatley, and it's also a mistake to put Maltby with Thornton and Doan. What on earth is Quinn doing?

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
19bruins19 said:
It's a mistake to put Draper with Lecavalier and Heatley, and it's also a mistake to put Maltby with Thornton and Doan. What on earth is Quinn doing?

Giving each line a bit of a defensive conscience perhaps?

I'd rather have four balanced lines anyway. It's not like a real shut-down line is needed in terms of line matching in the World Cup.

What's your beef? They're just trying some different lines...

Vic Rattlehead*

Dr.Sens(e) said:
Giving each line a bit of a defensive conscience perhaps?

I'd rather have four balanced lines anyway. It's not like a real shut-down line is needed in terms of line matching in the World Cup.

What's your beef? They're just trying some different lines...
I'd rather see Morrow or Smyth ahead of Maltby, that's my beef. ;)

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Ughhh

Maltby ahead of Smyth makes me sick to my stomach.
Maltby wouldnt make my Team Canada #3

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Dr.Sens(e) said:

Lemieux-Sakic-Iginla
Gagne-Richards-St. Louis
Maltby-Thornton-Doan
Smyth-Marleau-Morrow

A little bit of speed on that 2nd line, WOW, That 1st line played together before, Game 1 vs Sweden when we got spanked ????

Vic Rattlehead*

Bennysflyers16 said:
A little bit of speed on that 2nd line, WOW, That 1st line played together before, Game 1 vs Sweden when we got spanked ????
We got spanked because of CuJo.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I cant believe that Marleau and Smyth are on the fifth line, while Gagne, Maltby and Draper are in the lineup. I dont see how this team is going to have any chemistry with massive line changes like this.

jacksheit

Oct 9, 2003
Ft.McMurray
Visit site
bert said:
I cant believe that Marleau and Smyth are on the fifth line, while Gagne, Maltby and Draper are in the lineup. I dont see how this team is going to have any chemistry with massive line changes like this.

in exhibition games they switch the lines to see who has game chemistry

heh, i hope my man JBo works his way up into a 2nd pairing defence

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
I like the FOURTH line of Maltby-Thornton-Doan. Smyth shouldn't be on that line, and it looks like a good 4th line if they're going to be together for the real games. I also like a bit that line of Lemieux-Sakic-Iginla, but that's about it.

Vic Rattlehead*

I think Quinn was trying to see which combo could work well on the fourth line, and it looks like he thinks Thornton-Doan can do well. Personally, I would love to see Smyth as the LW instead of Matlby, but I think that this will be the checking line.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Why on earth is Thornton even being considered as a 4th line Centerman? What a joke!!!!! Lemieux, hasn't played hockey since last November yet he's on the 1st line. Richards, second line centre, good luck buddy. St.Louis, we'll see how good you are when it counts, when everyone around you is better than you. Should be interesting. Draper and Maltby? I was worried about these guys on the 4th line, now one of them is a 3rd liner while the other one plays with Doan and Joe? Quinn has to be the dumbest coach around. Ryan Smyth, bleeds red and white and will be watching from the press box while the likes of Gagne, Maltby, Draper, all play ahead of him. I love team Canada but all the lines suck, perhaps minus the top one.

Lemieux Sakic Iginla
Heatley Thornton Richards
St. Louis Lecalvier Smyth
Doan Draper Maltby

Take a seat Morrow, Gagne,

Vic Rattlehead*

Dizzay said:
Why on earth is Thornton even being considered as a 4th line Centerman? What a joke!!!!! Lemieux, hasn't played hockey since last November yet he's on the 1st line. Richards, second line centre, good luck buddy. St.Louis, we'll see how good you are when it counts, when everyone around you is better than you. Should be interesting. Draper and Maltby? I was worried about these guys on the 4th line, now one of them is a 3rd liner while the other one plays with Doan and Joe? Quinn has to be the dumbest coach around. Ryan Smyth, bleeds red and white and will be watching from the press box while the likes of Gagne, Maltby, Draper, all play ahead of him. I love team Canada but all the lines suck, perhaps minus the top one.

Lemieux Sakic Iginla
Heatley Thornton Richards
St. Louis Lecalvier Smyth
Doan Draper Maltby

Take a seat Morrow, Gagne,

As much as I am a fan of Joe Thornton, putting Joe with Doan would be very effective for team Canada. Both players can play defence well, hit, and score. Lecavalier should be with Heatley and St. Louis.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
That's great, they can both do that but Joe is a point producer, not a checker. He should be on the PP and on the top 2 lines. If not, he'll be dragging ass and end up in the pressbox.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Thornton played on the 4th line when he first entered the league. And who are you going to put as your checking center/4th line center? Lecavalier, Marleau, even smallish Draper wouldn't cut it for these positions. You need a big center and Thornton is that guy. Draper would play wing and provide speed to a line and great PKing.

Vic Rattlehead*

I agree about putting Joe on the powerplay. On the game from Monday, he and Heatley showed chemistry on the Powerplay, as Heatley scored the only goal from that game.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
littleHossa said:
Thornton played on the 4th line when he first entered the league. And who are you going to put as your checking center/4th line center? Lecavalier, Marleau, even smallish Draper wouldn't cut it for these positions. You need a big center and Thornton is that guy. Draper would play wing and provide speed to a line and great PKing.

Whatever you say. Thornton is not a 4th line guy. He, along with Heatley and Iggy are the 3 most talented guys on the team. Putting him in a checking role is a slap in the face to one of the league's future superstars.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
The lines look absolutely terrible to me... I don't understand what Gagne has done in the last little while to deserve a top 6 role on this team. Smyth had an excellent last game by all reports yet is being pushed down to the 5th line and PB duty? Draper on the third line in a seemingly offensive role? Ugh... :banghead:

Johnny

Mar 11, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Dizzay said:
Whatever you say. Thornton is not a 4th line guy. He, along with Heatley and Iggy are the 3 most talented guys on the team. Putting him in a checking role is a slap in the face to one of the league's future superstars.

Then one of the leagues future superstars should take matters into his own hands and show why he belongs in at the very least the top 6 by his performance on the ice, rather then belonging just because he's one of the leagues future superstars...poor, poor Joe, has to play with Doan and Maltby, what a crime, hopefully some of their work ethic rubs off on one of the leagues future superstars.

Last edited:

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Dizzay said:
You leave your ego out the door when you join Team Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad