Latest Red Line Report

Round John

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
WHL depth for the 2007 entry draft is big particularily at defence and forward.

On defence - *$Alzner, *Aulie, *$Blum, *Ellerby, Ellington, *$Hickey, *Plante, Postma, *Ross.

At forward - Bowman, *$Gillies, *$Hamill, King, McCrae, *$Repik, *Sonne, *$Sutter.

In goal - LeClerc, Mucha, Sexsmith.

* - denotes a player who I believe has the potential to go first round.

$ - denotes a player who I believe will go first round.

Artie

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal, Que
Visit site
It's interesting to see USHL players ranked higher and higher each year. Okposo taken at 7 last year and Petrecki ranked in the top 5.

I think a lot of that has to do with the USHL development time line as ooposed to the majot-junior route. It gives teams more time to allow the players to develop. Not to mention that they have been putting out some very good talent recently.

Round John

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
I think a lot of that has to do with the USHL development time line as ooposed to the majot-junior route. It gives teams more time to allow the players to develop. Not to mention that they have been putting out some very good talent recently.

And don't think the CHL hasn't noticed either. When it comes time for agreements to be negotiated or re-negotiated look for the CHL to try and level the playing field.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
sexsmith hasnt done very much to prove he is a first rounder. you have to be the #1 goalie for your team if you want to be picked in the first round and sexsmith is not. slade has taken that job from him.

Pardon moi?

Sexsmith has the 3rd best set of number for goalies in the WHL right now. He had another shutout tonight for the Giants and is just as much the #1 goalie in Vancouver as Dustin Slade is! Don Hay has said these guys will rotate back and forth for the entire season. You obviously know nothing about the WHL or the Giants and what Sexsmith has done already is a little more than the, 'not very much' you indicated in your post.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
Nick Larson — He's raw, but has a lot of great tools that he's just learning how to harness. Could make a very rapid ascension up the charts if he accelerates the learning curve.

Does anyone know where Nick Larson plays?

As noted by another poster, he is playing with Omaha in the USHL right now for some games. However, he will be playing high school hockey with Hill Murray in Minnesota once that starts up next month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad