Latest Red Line Report

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Espo seems to have lost hold of the #1 spot on most rankings. It's interesting to see USHL players ranked higher and higher each year. Okposo taken at 7 last year and Petrecki ranked in the top 5.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Hmm... Gagner's not rising? I'd wonder if maybe that's too obvious, but they don't have him top 10, so I don't know.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Hmm... Gagner's not rising? I'd wonder if maybe that's too obvious, but they don't have him top 10, so I don't know.

Woodlief usually has lesser known prospects as "risers" and "fallers" so that could be the reason. Kind of surprised he's not in the top ten, although Kyle does tend to march to the beat of his own drummer.

X0ssbar

Can somebody tell me what the country breakdown is of their top 10?

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
as per the article :

"From a geographic perspective, it¹s a phenomenal year in the WHL, which hasn¹t seen the likes of this much talent in the last 10 years. "

Better then the 1985 crop two years ago?:help:

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
i really cant figure why he still has mike hoeffel in the top 10 over james van riemsdyk. also him choosing lesser known players for rising/falling can be the only explanation for not having pat kane and sam gagner as risers, and even jon blum. i dont like this list that much, by performance alone gagner and kane should be in the top 10.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
lol i have played against that norwegian player. he actually played on my team for a very short period of time.

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
as per the article :

"From a geographic perspective, it¹s a phenomenal year in the WHL, which hasn¹t seen the likes of this much talent in the last 10 years. "

It's pretty hard to argue against Ryan Getzlaf, Dion Phaneuf, Brent Seabrook, Braydon Coburn, Eric Fehr, and Shea Weber.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
as per the article :

The dub has a bunch of guys who will be moving up the charts this year.....whether that's into the TOP 10 or not I don't know, but there are several guys just from the dub who should be 1st round material.

Brandon Sutter - Red Deer
Colton Gillies - Saskatoon
Thomas Hickey - Seattle
Brett Sonne - Calgary
Nick Ross - Regina
Tyson Sexsmith - Vancouver
John Negrin - Kootenay
Eric Doyle - Everett
Jon Blum - Vancouver

and few kids either not eligible or from different leagues, but 1989 born;

Luke Schenn - Kelowna
Kyle Turris - Burnaby

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
From the highlights I've seen of Gagner and how he's producing, to have guys like Hamill and Repik ahead of him right now just isn't very credible. I'll be surprised if either of those guys is top-10 at year end.

And it's a little premature to be claiming that this year's WHL crop is better than what came out of that league in 2003. Good group this year, to be sure, but that's going a little far.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
The dub has a bunch of guys who will be moving up the charts this year.....whether that's into the TOP 10 or not I don't know, but there are several guys just from the dub who should be 1st round material.

Thomas Hickey - Seattle
Brett Sonne - Calgary
Nick Ross - Regina
John Negrin - Kootenay
Eric Doyle - Everett
Jon Blum - Vancouver

and few kids either not eligible or from different leagues, but 1989 born;

Luke Schenn - Kelowna
Kyle Turris - Burnaby

sexsmith hasnt done very much to prove he is a first rounder. you have to be the #1 goalie for your team if you want to be picked in the first round and sexsmith is not. slade has taken that job from him.

Kootenay1

Feb 28, 2002

Thomas Hickey - Seattle
Brett Sonne - Calgary
Nick Ross - Regina
John Negrin - Kootenay
Eric Doyle - Everett
Jon Blum - Vancouver

Zach Hamill - Everett

Ad

Upcoming events