Latendresse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Next Best Thing*

Ribs might be slow but he scored above 60pts on the second line so I don't think its really a concern, its more his style of play, taking his time with the puck parked behind the net.. etc. That's where he is best.

And we all know what happened to Ward.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
norrisnick said:
I was silently chanting his name at #19 and again at #42. *sigh*

Kindl and Abdelkader better greatly exceed their expectations.

No kidding. Actually, I wanted Kenndal McArdle at #19 and Latendresse at #42. We could've had both of them!

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Blackshad said:
Going to see him play again tonight..

1g + 1a tonight in a Drummondville win, after 5pts the other night.

I didn't notice if Brassard played tonight, but Angelo Esposito did suit up for Quebec and picked up 1a.

Can anyone give a report on Esposito?

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
HabLover said:
1g + 1a tonight in a Drummondville win, after 5pts the other night.

I didn't notice if Brassard played tonight, but Angelo Esposito did suit up for Quebec and picked up 1a.

Can anyone give a report on Esposito?
Yeah i was there... Brassard didnt played.. Johanisse played (what a defenceman!)
Esposito : Awesome skating abilities. Can change speed to pass other players.. (he passed Latendresse like a cone (whats that in english?) once. Very good wrist shot. Not a physical player at all. Look tall for his age.

Latendresse: Creative with the puck, can pass players in the offencive zone to get in front of the net. Is one of the best player i saw in the Q to deflect shots. Had the prettiest goal of the night... was killing a penality and he took the puck at his blue line, deked a player then passed the defenceman in front of him with a great acceleration and finaly got alone vs the goaltender before deking him (?? déjouer). (His acceleration is good, its his top end speed thats not great). Very solid on his skate and can lay heavy hits... hit Esposito real hard once.

There was some nice rookies with Drummondville, they will have a good team this year.

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
Blackshad said:
Yeah i was there... Brassard didnt played.. Johanisse played (what a defenceman!)
Esposito : Awesome skating abilities. Can change speed to pass other players.. (he passed Latendresse like a cone (whats that in english?) once. Very good wrist shot. Not a physical player at all. Look tall for his age.

Latendresse: Creative with the puck, can pass players in the offencive zone to get in front of the net. Is one of the best player i saw in the Q to deflect shots. Had the prettiest goal of the night... was killing a penality and he took the puck at his blue line, deked a player then passed the defenceman in front of him with a great acceleration and finaly got alone vs the goaltender before deking him (?? déjouer). (His acceleration is good, its his top end speed thats not great). Very solid on his skate and can lay heavy hits... hit Esposito real hard once.

There was some nice rookies with Drummondville, they will have a good team this year.

Thanks for the report!

As for the English things: déjouer is deking out, your already had found it out. And «cône», in the way you are using it, in hockey terms is «pylon» in English.

Thanks again for the post. :handclap:

Westcoasthabsfan

Aug 22, 2004
In Pandoras Box
pei fan said:
Look for Latendresse to have a breakout year. I predict that within a month
of the season starting he will be the concensus steal of the draft.He should
also be one of the best players on the WJC team.

I would have to agree and I think he may lead the Q in scoring this year.... Way to go Bob, nice steal :bow:

KOMO_ROCKS

Feb 21, 2003
Richmond, B.C
Westcoasthabsfan said:
I would have to agree and I think he may lead the Q in scoring this year.... Way to go Bob, nice steal :bow:

I am high on the kid as well, but before I call him a steal I want to see how he does at the NHL level. Don't get me wrong, I love this guy but lets wait and see how he plays at the NHL level as well.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Blackshad said:

probably meant passed him like a pilon! Thats the more hockey used term.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I was hoping that the Oilers would draft him in the 1st round, when they didn't I exploded!!! When they didn't pick him in the 2nd round even though they could've I nearly blew a head gasket again!!! Great pick by the Habs, if Cogliano and Chorney both didn't have solid camps for the Canadian and US teams respectively, I'd still be fuming. Cogliano and Latendresse were on the same line and sounded to be dynamite, too bad they couldn't have been future Oiler linemates!!!

habscout

Mar 6, 2002
Lasalle, Ontario, Ca
Visit site
http://www.expressparole.com/php/articleinfo.php?id=16816&SUBCATID=02&articleid=16816&journal=ED

This article mentions Latendresse, Pelletier & Bourret. Regarding Latendresse, he is quoted as saying he worked hard this past summer, working out in a gym 6 times per week, and several power skating sessions. He believes it has helped to make him quicker. He also mentioned that he saw his idol Todd Bertuzzi during the time he was in the Junior Team camp, but didn't have the nerve to go shake his hand. He felt he was content with his play at the camp, and he felt the pressure to do well to impress the Team Canada management in order to help earn a place on the team.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Westcoasthabsfan said:

I don't think he'll win the scoring race this year but he can finish top 5 provided he stays healthy.

Genghis Keon

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll ask it here where so many Q fans have flocked. What do you all think about Ben Breault? From what I gather, as of now he's seen as a potential first round pick and he's putting up good preseason numbers so far: 3 goals and 3 assists in 2 games. Obviously it's just preseason, but the numbers are nice to see. Does he look to be a Simon Gagne/Alex Tanguay type player, or more of an Alex Bolduc (I guy who is rated fairly highly at the beginning of the year, but then falls throughout the year because he doesn't have an elite skillset).

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Genghis Keon said:
I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll ask it here where so many Q fans have flocked. What do you all think about Ben Breault? From what I gather, as of now he's seen as a potential first round pick and he's putting up good preseason numbers so far: 3 goals and 3 assists in 2 games. Obviously it's just preseason, but the numbers are nice to see. Does he look to be a Simon Gagne/Alex Tanguay type player, or more of an Alex Bolduc (I guy who is rated fairly highly at the beginning of the year, but then falls throughout the year because he doesn't have an elite skillset).
What team?

Ape Clutch

Jul 19, 2004
habscout said:
http://www.expressparole.com/php/articleinfo.php?id=16816&SUBCATID=02&articleid=16816&journal=ED

This article mentions Latendresse, Pelletier & Bourret. Regarding Latendresse, he is quoted as saying he worked hard this past summer, working out in a gym 6 times per week, and several power skating sessions. He believes it has helped to make him quicker. He also mentioned that he saw his idol Todd Bertuzzi during the time he was in the Junior Team camp, but didn't have the nerve to go shake his hand. He felt he was content with his play at the camp, and he felt the pressure to do well to impress the Team Canada management in order to help earn a place on the team.

sweet that's awesome news...if he can become a fast skater he's the #2 pick in the draft... :)

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Itz all 'bout technique though, that's what my RBC consultant told me (she used 2 teach figure skating and powerskating for hockey for 20 years). She also said anyone can get better...which makes me wonder why is it that Ward didn't get any faster and Ribs is still slow :dunno:

Well to Ribeiro's credit, he did get faster, he will never be a speed demon, but it won't hamper him.

Ward,well, he's never fixed his technique. He skated like a jumbo plane in the past, and still does. Speed isn't his problem, its his first step and agility.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Kanye West said:
sweet that's awesome news...if he can become a fast skater he's the #2 pick in the draft... :)

Yeah, right.

This Latendresse hype is already getting annoying and the draft took place less than a month ago.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I'm about as big of a supporter of Latendresse as you'll find. I completely love his game. But putting up big numbers against "B" squad pre-season teams isn't exactly a revolutionary impact on his career. You can start making these sort of claims once he's had a great start to the season. It will be interesting to see what he can do when he isn't starting the year with a bad shoulder, though.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
habscout said:

damn straight :)

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Matt MacInnis said:
I'm about as big of a supporter of Latendresse as you'll find. I completely love his game. But putting up big numbers against "B" squad pre-season teams isn't exactly a revolutionary impact on his career. You can start making these sort of claims once he's had a great start to the season. It will be interesting to see what he can do when he isn't starting the year with a bad shoulder, though.

Damn that second half last year was pretty amazing, he finished the year on a very positive note and silenced the critics that thought he couldn't perform under pressure. He really really should have been a first rounder, but hey I'm not complaining! :yo:

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
cagney said:
Yeah, right.

This Latendresse hype is already getting annoying and the draft took place less than a month ago.

almost as annoying as how all of a sudden Price is not able to stop a beech ball in some minds now that he's hab property.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Going to see him play AGAIN tonight.. should be good.. its against hull, they always manage to have a good club.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Matt MacInnis said:

Some of the big numbers he put up were against the cream of the 18-year-old crop in Canada at the National Junior camp. Young'uns fighting for a spot on the national squad...

Last edited:

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Theres my small recap of the game tonight.

Was damn good tonight.. You saw that he is a good play maker. Keep the puck "a la Fosberg" in the offencive zone to make a pass. Had a nice wrist shot that hit the crossbar. Made some huge hit. (A player of Gatineau visited the Drummondville bench). He is a team player, he stick up to his teamates.. every time one of his linemate was pushed after the whisle he was there to confront the other guy. Doesnt fear to slide on the ice to block a slap shot. His skating was as usuall tonight.. good acceleration but so-so top end speed..
Overall you saw that this guy is in another league.

Svoboda had an hat trick tonight... 2 nices wrist shot top corner. He seems to be at the right place at the right time. Dont know if this guy is drafted. Brassard played good too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->