Latendresse

Status
Not open for further replies.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Look for Latendresse to have a breakout year. I predict that within a month
of the season starting he will be the concensus steal of the draft.He should
also be one of the best players on the WJC team.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
I was absolutly shocked that he dropped that far in the draft... After following him in last years Q-PO-Series vs the Wildcats, I hoped the Sharks would go after him... He was still on the board for San Jose´s 2nd-Round-Pick but they did not bite :(

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
X-SHARKIE said:
I took him 19th overall in my keeper league, I don't buy this crap that he is a 2nd round talent.
Not after i saw him play 2 days ago.. Saw him 3 time live last year and right now he is alot better.

MontrealSF

Lars Eller.
Aug 16, 2003
Montréal, PQ
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
I took him 19th overall in my keeper league, I don't buy this crap that he is a 2nd round talent.

I don't buy it either. Some teams wanted to draft projects (Pokoluk, O'Shie...) and that was their choice. But nobody will convince me that Guillaume is a 2nd round talent player. Sure, he doesn't skate that well, but everything else is perfect.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Blackshad said:
Not after i saw him play 2 days ago.. Saw him 3 time live last year and right now he is alot better.
He was coming on really strong the second half of last year and was great in
the playoffs.He tied for most points at wjc evaluation camp and he looks ready
to lead a pretty ok drummondville team this year.

I understand why the scouts had some questions but it seemed like his play late last year answered those questions.

Marmax

Dec 28, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Eric Forest said:
I don't buy it either. Some teams wanted to draft projects (Pokoluk, O'Shie...) and that was their choice. But nobody will convince me that Guillaume is a 2nd round talent player. Sure, he doesn't skate that well, but everything else is perfect.

Especially when we consider that Bobby Ryan went 2nd overall. I have seen a lot of Latendresse and at some point in the season I thought he had a better upside than Bobby Ryan. I really like him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Eric Forest said:

It's not just the skating/foot speed but the shoulder injury had to be a concern to gm's. It was the Habs doctors who did the work on his shoulder, so the Habs clearly felt it's not a problem. But who's to say it won't come back and haunt him since he will be using that shoulder a lot.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
since he will be using that shoulder a lot.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully. My God, Habs forward who's using his shoulder ;)

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
pei fan said:
Look for Latendresse to have a breakout year. I predict that within a month
of the season starting he will be the concensus steal of the draft.He should
also be one of the best players on the WJC team.

5pts the other night in Q ex. play.

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
Habsfan 32 said:
I think the Habs have a keeper in Latendresse. He might be the Power Forward we have been missing for years.

WOW! This is one super versatile guy :sarcasm:

Joking aside, i'm really looking forward to following what this guy does over the coming season. He will be playing in the Q this year won't he? Are there any online highlights or live streamed games from the Q? I hope i don't have to revert to reading game reports as the only way of keeping up with what he does.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
Eric Forest said:

The skating is a good observation, but neither did Steve Bernier at the time. There's a lot of time to improve and you have to think he'll be working his *** off if that's his biggest drawback.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
Marmax said:
Especially when we consider that Bobby Ryan went 2nd overall. I have seen a lot of Latendresse and at some point in the season I thought he had a better upside than Bobby Ryan. I really like him.

Definitely. When some teams would rather have Marc-Edouard Vlasic, it speaks for itself.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
He was a top 5 talent in my book, seriously, I've seen him play for like eight years now (two of which as an opponent) and his skill level is pretty amazing for a big guy.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Latendresse is very comparable to Bernier IMO, and that's a good thing.

Both have big upside as scoring power forwards.
Latendresse had more points than Bernier last year despite being younger and playing on a weaker team.

X-SHARKIE

jcpenny said:
Latendresse had more points than Bernier last year despite being younger and playing on a weaker team.

Number wise yes, but Bernier was the only player on the Wildcats to average more then a point a game in both the regular season and playoffs, he was stuck on a defensive team.

But i'm not talking about numbers, i'm projecting them as NHL players.

Junior stats mean squat in the big picture, i'm just saying the compare similar as prospects, and I expect similar results when the reach the NHL.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Bernier's offensive numbers plateaued a bit but also remember his defensive
game improved quite alot.Bernier's a better skater than Lattendresse but I
think Lattendresse is improving.I know you're a fan of Bernier's X sharkie and
I agree he has alot of talent,but I have found him to be a little inconsistent.

X-SHARKIE

pei fan said:
Bernier's offensive numbers plateaued a bit but also remember his defensive
game improved quite alot.Bernier's a better skater than Lattendresse but I
think Lattendresse is improving.I know you're a fan of Bernier's X sharkie and
I agree he has alot of talent,but I have found him to be a little inconsistent.

No doubt, Same with Latendresse, he was hot in the end but he had his cold streaks.

I'm not saying Bernier is gods gift to powerforwards, just saying him and Latendresse are very similar IMO.

And thats no knock on either.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I was silently chanting his name at #19 and again at #42. *sigh*

Kindl and Abdelkader better greatly exceed their expectations.

Ape Clutch

Jul 19, 2004
From a while back

Guillaume Latendresse - LW - Drummondville Voltigeurs
Scout's take: "He can dominate with his frame, his speed and his hands, so he has all the tools to be a great pro. Where he trails Crosby and Brule is that he has not been able to show that extra gear that would put him at that level."

Ape Clutch

Jul 19, 2004
http://www.expressparole.com/php/articleinfo.php?id=16114&SUBCATID=02&articleid=16114&journal=ED

«Ça prouve qu’ils voulaient m’avoir, a noté Guillaume Latendresse. Ils m’ont dit qu’ils me donneraient des sessions de patinage intensif, pour améliorer mon coup de patin. J’ai hâte au camp des recrues, à la mi-septembre, alors que nous bataillerons face aux espoirs des Maple Leafs, des Sénateurs et des Panthers. Ensuite, je devrais revenir avec les Voltigeurs, où nous aurons une équipe de premier plan.»

An article 'bout Bourret and Latendresse (August 2nd), says in the Bold, that "They (Montreal Canadiens) told me that they would give me intensive skating lessons to make sure that I improve my skating"

Sounds like what timmins said they would do...lets hope it works :)...

Itz all 'bout technique though, that's what my RBC consultant told me (she used 2 teach figure skating and powerskating for hockey for 20 years). She also said anyone can get better...which makes me wonder why is it that Ward didn't get any faster and Ribs is still slow :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->