Latendresse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
Do you think Latendresse is a top 10 pick, or is he more in the 10-15 range?

I think that he would be a huge steal if he fell after the 15th pick.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Garp said:
Do you think Latendresse is a top 10 pick, or is he more in the 10-15 range?

I think that he would be a huge steal if he fell after the 15th pick.

It depends on when teams saw him play.

If they're basing it off early in the season he's going to fall quite a lot. But if teams got excited by his play in the first round of the playoffs against Moncton he could be a top five pick.

Red Machine

Mar 3, 2002
Calgary, Alberta
Latendresse ahead of O'marra

Latendresse will go ahead of O'Marra, mainly because of his potential, and not because of past performances. Both players have good upside, however Latendresse will be taken earlier in my opinion because of his size and strength and his ability to protect the puck and power through opponents (ala Bertuzzi/Iginla). Im sure there were players during Iggy's draft year that had better years then him, but with teams always looking to take gambles and steal picks, they looked at his potential and upside. Latendresse will become a very dominant player, any team that gets him will look to develop his skills to make him the best player possible, and with a player like him i think from what i hear about his attitude, he is willing to learn and get better. I would be very excited to take such a player if i was a team picking 6-10.

Also, nothing against O'marra, i think he is a awesome player, i love his size, but above all else i love this kids poise and they way he presents himself on the ice. Hes a solid, solid player.

Sticky*

O'Marra really reminds me of Andrew Ladd last year. Take that as you may.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Yeah he's got a lot of intangibles and does the little things right. That goes a long way. He can be a first rate second line forward.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
I think Latendresse will go around 8-12 because of his higher upside. O'Marra could go anywhere from 12-20. I'd be happy with both of them that's for sure.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I'd love to see Phoenix draft Ryan O'Marra. Can you just see the play-by-play call:

"O'Marra enters the Sharks zone, drops the puck to Mara...Mara to O'Marra, back to Mara...scores!"

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad